Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great month for gaming

Options
  • 20-01-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Just noticed today that there is a lot of great upcoming releases over the next 30 days.

Bioshock 2
    Mass effect 2
    Star trek online
    Alien vs Predator (3)
    Total war: Napoleon

I pre-booked Bioshock and mass effect today when I saw the posters up in GAME, had no idea they were this close to release.
    STO, ill probably wait a week or two after release to see what the craic is.
    Total war im not too pushed.

But its a great time of the year to have these releases as opposed to the summer when you feel bad for wasting away any sunny day that appears.

Now, time to crank up mass effect 1 and complete it before 2 is released :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Krieg wrote: »
    Just noticed today that there is a lot of great upcoming releases over the next 30 days.

Bioshock 2
    Mass effect 2
    Star trek online
    Alien vs Predator (3)
    Total war: Napoleon

I pre-booked Bioshock and mass effect today when I saw the posters up in GAME, had no idea they were this close to release.
    STO, ill probably wait a week or two after release to see what the craic is.
    Total war im not too pushed.

But its a great time of the year to have these releases as opposed to the summer when you feel bad for wasting away any sunny day that appears.

Now, time to crank up mass effect 1 and complete it before 2 is released :)

Im looking forward to bioshock and mass effect. Might wait a while with TW though given all the crap with Empire when it was released.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bad Company 2 Beta!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I won't pay $60 on principle though. Sure as I am all of those would be great.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

just remember another game that looks interesting:
    Global Agenda

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The new stalker game is out the wk after mass effect 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Bioshock 2 – going to wait for the reviews. If the plot isn't gripping as the first I may give it a miss.
    Mass effect 2 – didn't finish the first yet. Found it a little boring – that could be a draw back in getting this?
    Star trek online
    – meh
    Alien vs Predator (3) – interested in this!
    Total war: Napoleon – Is this just more of the same? are there any new features?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I thought Darksiders (out already) was a great start to the year.

Looking forward too Mass effect 2, just hope they have done something to kill the boredom of all those samey planet visit's from the 1st game :mad:

Is Bioshock out this month? thought it was February :confused:

its out within a month ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

This month its all about the ME2 for me, loved the first (playing my PC version now hoping to get a save up and ready for ME2). From what I have seen they have fixed the planet missions, think theres a vid with some info and screens round here.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/n7-developer-mass-effect/60950

From about 1:50 onwards they discuss the "N7 missions"set on secondary planets. Seems the Mako is gone too, replaced by a cool little shuttle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Disagree about the excitement aimed at bioshock 2; it seems like the sequel no one wanted, or we didn't need. And the multiplayer just looks rubbish (the gunplay was always a bit crap in number 1 & nothing seems to have changed, judging by the videos).

Mass Effect 2 I am hoping is good, but I suffered the first's faults on the basis of the engrossing story, so I see myself doing the same again.

Aliens vs. Predator? Oh god, please don't suck. Please be full of win. Especially the multiplayer ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

surprised no one seems to care about bioshock 2, the original bioshock thread must be the biggest on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

grizzly wrote: »
    Mass effect 2 – didn't finish the first yet. Found it a little boring – that could be a draw back in getting this?
    Its sitting in my games folder im just too lazy to clear the disk space to put it on :pac: waiting to try it though, the first one.

If its anything like KOTOR: yeah, kotor was sorta hard to get into at first, you needed to play it for a little while before the plot really began to thicken and things got interesting. Im going to presume from your experience its the same thing in Mass Effect. To which my reply is get back into it: Bioware makes a good game (in my experience) because it spends a careful amount of time growing a story/experience before you really get to Reap the benefits of what has been sown.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

MAG and Global Agenda are two more games im looking forward to, BF: BC2 beta on pc as well :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tis ridiculous! I'm still trying to catch up with last year's releases at the moment (Madworld is waiting to be played and I still have to order Uncharted 2...)
    Have pre-ordered ME2 (£30 on Amazon) and AVP (£18 for the PC on play), but can't see myself getting anything else for a while.
    Still want to get Darksiders, and GoW3, Dante's Inferno and Heavy Raid are all around the corner too.

For once I'm looking forward to the summer lull so that I can catch up on everything!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 and Alien vs Predator on Amazon.co.uk for €71.78? Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ah... sad month to be honest... mine account will be RRRRrrrraaaaaaappppppppeeeedddd again...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mass effect 2 next wk,cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I still haven't gotten through all the games I got in the last steam sale. At this rate it'll be Summer before I can try out the likes of Mass Effect 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Haven't played more than 2 hours of the original mass effect so it'll be a while before i get ME2!

Looking forward to MAG and Bioshock 2 myself. Still need to get Darksiders and Bayonetta too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

pixelburp wrote: »

Aliens vs. Predator? Oh god, please don't suck. Please be full of win. Especially the multiplayer ...
    A large +1 on that

• Advertisement
Advertisement