Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi on buses

Options
  • 20-01-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

Hows does this work exactly? I know JJ Kavanagh have it on their buses but anyone know how it works? Say your in the middle of nowhere otw to Waterford how do they get a connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Hows does this work exactly? I know JJ Kavanagh have it on their buses but anyone know how it works? Say your in the middle of nowhere otw to Waterford how do they get a connection?

3G connection in the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

3G connection in the bus.

That's it? I'd imagine that would be prity crap if more than one person was using it :)

I thought they had some satelite connection :o

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    I thought they had some satelite connection :o

On a moving bus that would be "interesting" to try and setup. You'd need a dish that could rotate to keep it facing south towards the satellite. No doubt such equipment exists, no doubt it is expensive.

Advertisement