Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which UK bank

Options
  • 20-01-2010 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just moved to UK. Finally got ducks in row for addresses, opening a bank account, question is, which would be the cheapest for sending home approx e400 a month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

If it is to send money back here for your family - then look at Nationwide. They don,t charge commission or load the exchange rate when you withdraw euros at at ATM. So if your family are here - give them at ATM card and they can draw out Euros from your sterling account. They can either lodge that into an Irish account or spend it.
    Not sure if that is what you were thinking of - but it's an idea?

www.moneyguideireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Thanks, but it's actually to pay bills in ireland. The money has to go to a Bank Of Ireland account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I used to send money over each month. At the time I used the Post Office. 0% commission and they would write out a postal order for about £4, which I could then post to a family member to lodge. It was the cheapest option at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I used Bank of Ireland, used to write myself a cheque and lodge it to my Euro account. Would be credited to the account (as uncleared funds mind) pretty much same day.

Advertisement