Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paysafecard Ladies Poker Championships 2010

• 20-01-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We are delighted to announce that Paysafecard.ie have decided to sponsor the Ladies Poker Championship 2010. Players will receive fantastic value for what will be an amazing tournament.

There is a €20 registration fee but in that amount each player will receive a pin number from Paysafecard worth €10 along with a meal voucher in the Regency Hotel worth another €10. This event will be fully dealer dealt and we are expecting at least 200 players to take part.

Starting at 12pm on Saturday 20th March 2010 in the Regency Hotel, Dublin. The Paysafecard Ladies Poker Championship 2010 is a no limit hold’em freezeout.

10,000 Starting Chips with 30 minute blind levels:

Buy In: €100 (+ €20 registration)
    Level 1 25-50 12:00 12:30
    Level 2 50-100 12:30 13:00
    Level 3 75-150 13:00 13:30
    Level 4 100-200 13:30 14:00
    Break 14:00 14:20
    Level 5 150-300 14:20 14:50
    Level 6 200-400 14:50 15:20
    Level 7 300-600 15:20 15:50
    Level 8 400-800 15:50 16:20
    Dinner Break 16:20 17:20
    Level 9 500-1,000 17:20 17:50
    Level 10 800-1,500 17:50 18:20
    Level 11 1,000-2,000 18:20 18:50
    Level 12 1,500-3,000 18:50 19:20
    Dinner Break 19:20 20:20
    Level 13 2,000-4,000 20:20 20:50
    Level 14 3,000-6,000 20:50 21:20
    Level 15 4,000-8,000 21:20 21:50
    Level 16 5,000-10,000 21:50 22:20
    Break 22:20 22:50
    Level 17 8,000-15,000 22:50 23:20
    Level 18 10,000-20,000 23:20 23:50
    Level 19 15,000-30,000 23:50 00:20
    Level 20 20,000-40,000 00:20 00:50
    Level 21 30,000-60,000 00:50 01:20
    Level 22 40,000-80,000 01:20 01:50
    Level 23 50,000-100,000 01:50 02:20
    Level 24 80,000-150,000 02:20 02:50

Regency Airport Hotel, Swords Road, Whitehall, Dublin 9
    http://www.regencyhotels.com/hotels/content.asp~PageID=37

Find directions here;
    http://www.regencyhotels.com/hotels/content.asp?PageID=216

Satellites:

Please contact stephen@pokerireland.ie for more information about online and live satellites.

In order to take part in this tournament all players can pay their entry fee with cash on the day of the event. However, all players must fill out a tournament registration form on www.pokerireland.ie

For anyone that is not aware of what paysafecard do; they are an online deposit method for most poker sites. You can buy vouchers at any paypoint outlet or directly from their website - paysafecard.ie

For information on paysafecard you can log onto;
    http://www.paysafecard.com/ie/personal/what-is-paysafecard/

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

In order to take part in this tournament all players can pay their entry fee with cash on the day of the event. However, all players must fill out a tournament registration form on www.pokerireland.ie

Bravo! Seriously. I'd be surprised if numbers aren't a fair bit higher with that change. Cheers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

pre reg the better half. Hazel Finnerty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

I was thinking of playing this but need to see how things go with the baby. I really need to take into account the sort of finish time (should I do well. .)

Can I bring the baby to the table as a mascot heh heh :D or an oversized card protector? sure beats the mystic 8 ball that the weird guy who knocked me out at the IPO had!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭michellegavigan

ooh yes i will look foraward to this!:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Thanks a million guys. We really are going to need a lot of help to get promoting this tournament.
    We are relying entirely on word of mouth so if you are at a table with a lady player please tell them about the 20th March in The Regency Hotel as it will be a fantastic tournament.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Ladies please keep the promotion going on this. I am getting a lot of emails asking me how to pre-pay online.

I need every female poker player in the country to be aware of the fact that you can PAY WITH CASH ON THE DAY! Also; a mention about the outstanding value being provided by Paysafecard is worth the plug too :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Hi Guys,

We are looking for poker clubs to offer tickets to the Ladies Champs in any upcoming tournaments in February/ early March.

Can you contact stephen(at)pokerireland.ie (or PM here) if you are interested? We would ideally like tickets to be given out to the longest lasting lady in a number of tournaments around the country.

We are also organising online satellites now too.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

not very PC only allowing female players

all joking aside, considering the ruling during the week where a traveller was refused entry to a night club and so was awarded a chunk of change, what would happen if a male type person decided to seek reg and you refused him

might be worth checking the legality before sticking your proverbial ass out for a royal kicking

ps, will all dealers be vetted for male / female personas

excuse me , but would it be fair to say that in both hurling and football there r all female teams and all male teams! so why not poker too! go put on a nice dress and heels and join us for the day if it bothers you that much!

Lol :)

I will give the Clamper free entry if he does that :)

Boylepoker will have online satellites displayed shortly.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 markc

Last year at the Borgata a man entered a 'ladies only' event. Management could not legally prevent him (discrimination). Could the same thing happen here? http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/man-wins-ladies-event-at-borgata-poker-open-5004/

(Incidentaly - I played next to Nicole at a cash game last year. Nice lady and a fine poker player. Hope she is doing well)

who is nicole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

who is nicole?
    Hey michelle you had better check with the hotel that they will have enough booze in to keep you goin all day and night and morning :D:D:p;)

who is nicole?
    Nicole Rowe - lady who was beaten into second place by the only man to enter the tournament. He refused to chop which also caused some controversy although I think he may have donated some of the winnings to a cancer charity after he heard Nicole was receiving treatment for breast cancer.

Anyway - don't know how the law works here but I'd be curious as to whether the tournie organisers could legally prevent a man from registering...

would a man seriously bother going to all that trouble lol although if he did donate money fair play to him! ah he prob entered for a bet or something ha ha , anyway if you need heels drop me a line!

Don't worry Michelle the Clamper is just having a joke (I hope :) ). I am not sure about Damo and Mark though, I think they might both want to play in this tournament :)

At least we are getting a little bit of controversy going on here. Every little helps when it comes to publicity for the event.

Stephen.

carfax wrote: »
    Don't worry Michelle the Clamper is just having a joke (I hope :) ). I am not sure about Damo and Mark though, I think they might both want to play in this tournament :)

At least we are getting a little bit of controversy going on here. Every little helps when it comes to publicity for the event.

Stephen.

No need to worry about me - I'm just curious if legally a man could be prevented from entering. Best of luck with the tournie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

markc wrote: »
    No need to worry about me - I'm just curious if legally a man could be prevented from entering. Best of luck with the tournie!
    Well if it came down to legality's i wouldn't be allowed to play , but if it came down to breast size then i win hands down :eek::D'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭westlife2010

The clamper in high heels and fishnet stockings mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:rolleyes::D.

Ste, why not start a 'reg' list to be updated weekly..

Lorraine (BPIH) Baker in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Could you hold a €100 side event for the men, maybe a badly structured crap shoot? We can all go shopping together earlier in the day, come back, have a few drinks and go up to our rooms were we doll ourselves up to the nines to walk back into the room and get all the women, who are starved of testosterone, to ogle us. We can start at 8!

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Well if it came down to legality's i wouldn't be allowed to play , but if it came down to breast size then i win hands down :eek::D'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Could you hold a €100 side event for the men, maybe a badly structured crap shoot? We can all go shopping together earlier in the day, come back, have a few drinks and go up to our rooms were we doll ourselves up to the nines to walk back into the room and get all the women, who are starved of testosterone, to ogle us. We can start at 8!

PMSL. :pac:

Surely there must be more women on here to not let you get away with comments like these :confused:

Side events to be confirmed shortly. Only about 20 women on the list so far. I will get something drawn up and post here shortly. We need to get the work out and about for this tournament in a big way.

Stephen.

PMSL. :pac:

Surely there must be more women on here to not let you get away with comments like these :confused:

Side events to be confirmed shortly. Only about 20 women on the list so far. I will get something drawn up and post here shortly. We need to get the work out and about for this tournament in a big way.

Stephen.
    sorry, its that Damo fella... a bad influence!

Seriously though, in the IO this year lots of the women playing the ladies event wr regs in their local clubs but wr not boardsies. The IO is such a high profile event it advertised itself. Just a suggestion..... PM all the guys (or girls) who run these events , (JP, Neil Kelly, Luke, Connie, Foxy, Eddie Walsh, Atari, Joe McKeever, Celtic Liam, The Eg, etc etc) and get into their ears about this. If you include all details including deal the hotel is doing for accomodation, the lads can print it off and hand it out to their players. Im sure each club/venue would love to have representitives play this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

not even if Boyles start a book on it will this be happening anytime soon
    just being my usual contraversial stirring larking about
    some might say there is no such thing as bad advertising, on boards anyway. once a post is made the thread races back to bump status and so its not a bad thing

i recall that idiot making a stand in the woman's event, moron just begging for attention though its an awful pity he wasnt donked out

who would want to do it, c'mon

here is my man v woman joke for today
    #

what's the difference betwwen a woman and a terrorist ?
    well, you can negotiate with a terrorist !

Ah here would ye feck off and leave us ladies alone, although I dont seem to have much support here, Where are all the women? I will pass on details to Eddie tomorrow night! How about putting something on facebook!

Regency Hotel +353 1 8373544 +353 1 8373544 - Special poker rate can be booked for 20th March with the following code - PO200310... The rate they are quoting is €139 for a double/twin room with breakfast included (their ordinary rate is €159 without breakfast).

If anyone needs cheaper accomodation let me know (I am getting information from hotels now). There are a number of great (cheap) hotels within walking distance (lots of B&B's too).

Booking early is definitely advisable as there is a big rugby match on the same day

List of satellites (online and live) to follow in the next few days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Cool, I'm really thinking about giving that a try ... I have been into Poker for a while now and even though I think I won't win anything it sounds like fun :)

I also really don't mind that registration fee seeing that you get the psc and other voucher for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭aceswild

was on that website n it wont let me pre register??

aceswild wrote: »
    was on that website n it wont let me pre register??

Are you Liz by any chance? :)

Will keep a seat for you, just post here or email stephen(at)pokerireland.ie

Just checking the pre-register function now and its working fine for me.

Stephen.

yep thats liz!

Stephen.

Jasus Stephen, could you not hear how loud the post was? Of course it's Liz!!:D

Stephen.
    yeh its me :) how did yas know lol:)

I heard her! lol

pot....kettle.....black lol:D

Hi All,

Boylepoker.com have kindly put together a satellite for the Ladies Champs.

It takes place Tuesday 16th Feb at 8pm.

Tournament Name: Paysafecard Ladies Satellite

Tournament description: Qualify for the 2010 Ladies Championships, 20th March, Regency Hotel, Dublin 9.

Event Type: No-Limit Hold'em

Start Date & Time: 16th Feb & 2nd March

Buy-in & Fee Currency: €

Buy-in & Fee Amount: €12 (+€1.20 reg)

Freezeout
    Structure (Blinds times, Starting Chips): 12 minute clock with 1,500 starting chips.

One guaranteed seat worth €120.

Minimum players for the event to play?: 6
    Tickets are non-transferable

Quick Reminder About Satellite Tonight

Boylepoker.com at 8pm tonight. Hope we get a good few players for this.

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Westbury

Stephen
    If you have flyers etc, please send me some @ The Westbury Card Club
    I will leave them out for our Female players

Derek W

Hi Derek,

Cheers for that. We don't have any flyers for this tournament (we didn't budget for it) so we are relying entirely on word of mouth.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

ahh yes, budgets, very timely in this current climate, we must all be mindful of our budgetry constraints

ok,
    if there are any female players tonite for the 110 game, i will announce it
    if there is enough of them, we could run a sat for it
    Dw

Big congrats to Serena Garland for winning the first Boylepoker online satellite on Tuesday.

Hope to get a good few more runners for the satellite on 2nd March.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Online Satellite: 2nd March on Boylepoker.com at 8pm – Ticket only event
    Tournament Name: Paysafecard Ladies Satellite
    Tournament description: Qualify for the 2010 Ladies Championships, 20th March, Regency Hotel, Dublin 9.
    Event Type: No-Limit Hold’em
    Start Date & Time: 16th Feb & 2nd March
    Buy-in & Fee Currency: €
    Buy-in & Fee Amount: €12 (+€1.20 reg)
    Freezeout
    Structure (Blinds times, Starting Chips): 12 minute clock with 1,500 starting chips.
    One guaranteed seat worth €120.
    Minimum players for the event to play?: 6
    Tickets are non-transferable

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Westbury wrote: »
    Stephen
    If you have flyers etc, please send me some @ The Westbury Card Club
    I will leave them out for our Female players

Derek W

only 1 woman player on Tuesday, she split the win with 1 other male

anyway she already knew about your event and is dealing
    will see again tonite, we usually get a few female players on Thursdays

if you happen to be over yourself, you could make an announcement about it before the tournament starts if you like

also, if you want to run a sat in the club, just call me and i can set it up for you with a dealer (preferably not Tues - Thurs or Sun night, busiest nights in the club)

Derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭IPPT

Hi Stephen,

Elaine Kiernan winner of the Irish Amateur League will be playing this event with a few of her friends from laois, i will touch base with you next week with names i have sent out texts to all our female players who play poker in the pub venues so hopefully a few will attend.

Regards,

Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PokerNights

Hi all

bumpage to the post

satellite this sunday in the bell blanchardstown €40 freezeout 8000 chips

text 0864046570 to book your seat

regards
    rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 aprilfool10

Ladies please keep the promotion going on this. I am getting a lot of emails asking me how to pre-pay online.

I need every female poker player in the country to be aware of the fact that you can PAY WITH CASH ON THE DAY! Also; a mention about the outstanding value being provided by Paysafecard is worth the plug too :)

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    hi can you send me on some info for notice board at work please on this.

Ooops, sorry about the slow reply to this.

We don't actually have any flyers done up just yet. Sending you a PM now with a word document if you want to put that up on the notice board.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 aprilfool10

Ooops, sorry about the slow reply to this.

We don't actually have any flyers done up just yet. Sending you a PM now with a word document if you want to put that up on the notice board.

Cheers,
    Stephen.
    thanks stephen will pm names on if girls are up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Any info on the number registered for this tournament thus far?
    I am thinking of going if there is a decent number.

honeybear wrote: »
    Any info on the number registered for this tournament thus far?
    I am thinking of going if there is a decent number.

Sorry for the late reply (was away on hols).

Expecting at least 150 players so a €15,000 prize-pool.

Cheers,
    Stephen.

Don't forget the package satellite takes place tomorrow night (16th March) at 8pm on Boylepoker.com

There is a cash alternative available for this ticket.

Many thanks,
    Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 pokerface2010

hi. are there many ladies actually signed yet roughly?

Was just counting up all the pre-regged and emailed registrations last night. We have over 90 players confirmed now.

From previous experience this would mean we can expect 150 players or thereabouts.

Stephen.

is there a side game/cash?