Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise centre in Trim?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I read in the “Focus on Trim” about the feasibility study for an enterprise centre in Trim was discussed at the council meeting.

I know we had a few town councillors floating around the boards a while ago, I was wondering how the plans are progressing and what areas do they consider feasible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Archeron

Would be a great idea. I really feel that Trim is slowly dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 treefour

Hi all,

Just to fill you all in on the enterprise centre.

During my 08/09 term as Cathaoirleach one of my goals was to progress my plans for an enterprise centre. I worked with the officials and last September secured funding from the county enterprise board (CEB). I then put forward a motion calling on Trim Town Council (TC) to match the funding, set up the Trim Enterprise Centre Company Ltd. and conduct the feasibility study.

The TC council had to match the funding of the CEB. Unfortunately I had to propose that the fireworks be cancelled for December 2010. I also proposed that all money for travel be used in order for us to match the funding. The councillors agreed on the importance of the EC and the project was finally up and running. At the end of last year the company was set up and companies selected for the feasibility study.

The feasibility study must be carried out in order for us to be eligible for further funding and plus it will allow us to choose a design that will suit the area. It will look at many different locations around the town (town centre, business parks), types of buildings (New purpose built, existing buildings/factories), scale etc.

Unfortunately there is a lot more that I just can’t talk about at the moment but I assure you once I can I’ll be posting here on boards.

The next few months will see the project move at a considerable pace, we’re up and running I will be making sure we keep the pace. I would also like to acknowledge the support I received from my fellow councillors for the project especially Cllrs O’Brien and O’Shea. It is amazing what can be achieved when a council works together without the stereotypical nonsense.

I will post updates here to keep you all up to date on the project. You will also find updates by following me on Twitter http://twitter.com/trevorgolden. My website http://www.trevorgolden.com is undergoing a redesign but I’ll have it back up soon and I’ll have updates posted there as well.

The more support this project receives the better! Your ideas and opinions are very welcome and I'd encourage anyone with any comments or suggestions to contact me. My contact details are on Meath.ie.

Kind Regards,
    Trevor

Notes:
    It may have been reported about councillors travelling abroad this year and the appropriation of travel monies for the EC. I will be travelling to Stirling on behalf of the council to conclude our partnership in March of this year. I will be paying for the trip out of my own pocket.

Trim TC - November 2009 Motion
    In order to facilitate the development of an enterprise centre in Trim I call on Trim Town Council to form the "Trim Enterprise Centre Company". The newly formed company will be responsible for the procurement and management of the enterprise centre. The company will first undertake a feasibility study to best determine the needs and structure of an enterprise centre for the town of Trim.

Advertisement