Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greystones senior football teams

Options
  • 20-01-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey all,

just wondering what senior football(soccer) teams there are around the area?
    Does greystones fc have more than one?... thinking about getting back into it so if anyone plays for a team around the area or recommend a team i'd appreciate it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Greystones AFC at the Archfield beside the railway track at the harbour have a senior team
    And Greystones United are based at the playing fields behind the Town Council offices.
    http://www.lsl.ie/viewResults-0809a.aspx
    http://www.gufc.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=172

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

AFC have 2-3 teams in think. And UTD have 4 senior teams as well as an over 35's team.

Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

thanks guys.... cant piture where archfield is in my head... are there pitches near the harbour?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

jobless wrote: »
    thanks guys.... cant piture where archfield is in my head... are there pitches near the harbour?
    If you travel north from the Beach House pub and as you go under the railway line bridge, Archfield pitch is immediately on your left.
    The reason it is called Archfield is because before double decker buses came to Greystones the bridge was actually an arch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Angel

You'd need to be pretty handy to play with Greystones AFC.

Greystones Utd are a good side too, but they have a lot of teams so you'll find it easier to find one that suits your particular level of skill/commitment.

There is a team that plays out of the community sports centre behind Jackie Skelly's too, they're called East Coast FC, little closer to home. If you want I can PM you the contact details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement