Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is €20 too much reg for fully dealered €80 tourney?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

What are players thoughts on a €20 reg for an €80 entry tourney?? There will also be 1 rebuy/ addon for €40 (no extra reg obv).

This is an independent pub tourney so costs will include posters, food, transport etc. Not really feasible to do it for less and would like to know what players thoughts are. Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Rockfish wrote: »
    What are players thoughts on a €20 reg for an €80 entry tourney?? There will also be 1 rebuy/ addon for €40 (no extra reg obv).

This is an independent pub tourney so costs will include posters, food, transport etc. Not really feasible to do it for less and would like to know what players thoughts are. Thanks.

Suggested breakdown: (Based on 2 tables)

€10 p/p @ 9 handed table x 2 = €180

Dealer €10 X 3 hours = €30 x2 €60
    Food= Negotiate with venue. It's a recession should be provided free.
    Posters @ 10c each x 20 = €2
    Transport= petrol €10
    €108 x 5 nights = €540
    Not bad in a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

GKidd wrote: »
    Suggested breakdown: (Based on 2 tables)

€10 p/p @ 9 handed table x 2 = €180

Dealer €10 X 3 hours = €30 x2 €60
    Food= Negotiate with venue. It's a recession should be provided free.
    Posters @ 10c each x 20 = €2
    Transport= petrol €10
    €108 x 5 nights = €540
    Not bad in a recession.

Bit smart assed reply imo.

Would be expecting between 50 and 80 players as it would be a one off.

60 players = 1,200
    Dealers: €10 x 6 hours = 60 x 8 = €480. Would also need 3 delaers to conclude tourney. Thats €10 x 3 hours = 30 x 3 = €90. Dealers total wages = €570.
    Posters: Dont know ehere you get decent posters for 10c. I have been quoted 50 at €2 each.
    Transport: Not many dealers in my area so all would come form bigger towns hence travelling expenses. Rough est €80.
    Total cost:€850 approx. Leaves €350 profit between 3 organisers incl TD etc for a lot of effort. Day of tourney would be a 12 hour day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Decent Posters are expensive.

€20 reg here is fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Bit smart assed reply imo.

Would be expecting between 50 and 80 players as it would be a one off.

60 players = 1,200
    Dealers: €10 x 6 hours = 60 x 8 = €480. Would also need 3 delaers to conclude tourney. Thats €10 x 3 hours = 30 x 3 = €90. Dealers total wages = €570.
    Posters: Dont know ehere you get decent posters for 10c. I have been quoted 50 at €2 each.
    Transport: Not many dealers in my area so all would come form bigger towns hence travelling expenses. Rough est €80.
    Total cost:€850 approx. Leaves €350 profit between 3 organisers incl TD etc for a lot of effort. Day of tourney would be a 12 hour day.

Perhaps you should post the structure of the tourney first.
    Nothing smartass about my post.
    Dealer rotation is key.
    Vistaprint ftw
    Costs too high

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

You should probably try to run cash games or stts also. More profit to make and may allow you to reduce your reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

€20 would put me off, it's kind of a roadblock figure - especially when it's so clear that 20% of your spend isn't going to the prizefund. €15 would be my max.

GKidd wrote: »
    Perhaps you should post the structure of the tourney first.
    Nothing smartass about my post.
    Dealer rotation is key.
    Vistaprint ftw
    Costs too high

Ok, fair point, i should have explained the nature of the tourney first. Apologies. Structure: 10k stack. Rebuy 15k. Blinds 25 mins, start 50/100, 100/200, 150/300. Would have to finish it in a 9 hour period. I don't see how i can get costs lower tbh. Also what is vistaprint??

€20 would put me off, it's kind of a roadblock figure - especially when it's so clear that 20% of your spend isn't going to the prizefund. €15 would be my max.

Ok thanks. Would expect nearly all players to take rebuy or add on so total spend would be €140. €20 reg would be roughly 14%

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Also what is vistaprint??

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Try www.print24.ie I've found them soooooo much better then Vistaprint,

250 A3 for €63 €.25/poster the more your order the cheaper is get order 1000 and it's only €80.18 thats €0.8 each :) cant go wrong and they are great quality

This price includes delivery to your door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Cash games, any organiser in there right mind should know the increased value these will add to profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Rockfish,

If you know how to use basic photoshop then you yourself can make great posters with exactly the design you want on them. I, like yourself got fed up paying €1+ per poster from the local print rip off joint so I started designing my own. Then I just made a deal with another print shop about printing. Its the actuall design costs that make the posters so expensive. Plus as long as the posters have all the required info and catch they eye, then they wil do the job.

Regarding the your initial question about €20 reg, I personally would not mind playing as long as the structure was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Perhaps if you make it €70 + €10 reg and also take €10 from any rebuys .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Pretty gay tbh. Your an organizer too. The way the OP has this planned is perfect imo as a player and someone who has been involved running events like this. Anyone who complains is a fish. These kind of events are full of fish and I would pay the extra reg twice over for the privilege to play with such a pool of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Most players would count the €40 rebuy/add on into their cost before the game as it's for 15k chips against a starting stack of 10k. Therefore, 20 reg from a total spend of 140 is ok imo. However expecting that the game would be over in 9 hours with 25k chips per head, 50-80 runners and 25 minute blinds might be stretching it.

Advertisement