Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home broadband advice Limerick

• 20-01-2010 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi,

Am thinking of changing from Eircom BB to get a cheaper option, I am in Limerick. I don't want the mobile broadband options. I can't get Digiweb, no signal as we are at bottom of a hill :( I can't get UPC as the previous owners pushed the wire coming into the house under the tiles & not too keen on the idea of breaking & tearing up tiles.

So, what I want to ask (I know a very long-winded way about it) is:

From this site I see VF is not a good option. So what is the best option in Limerick. The other providers I can think of are:

Smart & UTV

Can anyone suggest any others?

Thanks for your help! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All the DSL providers are in or around the same price. Magnet and Smart offer the highest speeds you'll get with DSL, so they'll be worth looking at.

You should really get the UPC cable sorted, and get that. It'll be the biggest speed increase and price reduction you're likely to get.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

It all depends on where you are in limerick, are you in the city or outside in the suburbs?

Do you know what exchange you are on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tvquest

Don't know about the exchange I'm in Castletroy

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

tvquest wrote: »
    Don't know about the exchange I'm in Castletroy

The chances you can get the 24Mb service is almost 100%. Castletroy is an upgraded exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

You could always get UPC to run a new cable,failing that Magnet is a good
    bet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement