Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers League Cup semi final 2nd leg

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jimmy milner for world player of the year :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Paul McGrath my lord Paul Mcgrath Paul McGrath my lord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

jesus even heskey is scoring:)

Heskey!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Crosáidí wrote: »
    I think this could be a rout with Rovers down to 10 and sitting very deep, they have to come out in the 2nd half looking to score which will leave gaps for milner young and gabby

I hate it when I'm right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

what a ball by milner, good finish heskey, you know it your night when the heskey scores!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Wonderful Heskey, what a player! 5-2. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Its a massacre now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Villa will win the Carling Cup this season. You know why? Cos they've got Heskey. That block just happens to win the league cup on numerous occasions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Booking flights as we speak.

Opps, might hold off for a while.

Great goal by Blackburm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

We fell asleep for that but great finish by olsen

Ah bugger, 5-3.

Great goal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lads this is SOME match. UNREAL goal from Olssen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

What a goal that was, great game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

smashing football there, too little too late me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

O'Neill and Allardyce - bound to be a boring, cagey affair.

Booking flights as we speak.

Opps, might hold off for a while.

Hold off alright!. But would you get tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I know it's not over yet but I wouldn't mind seeing the Fonz getting on for the last 20 minutes or so

JPA wrote: »
    Hold off alright!. But would you get tickets?

all st holders will get tickets

wouldve been worth getting a half season ticket earlier this month just for that

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    all st holders will get tickets

wouldve been worth getting a half season ticket earlier this month just for that

Ah grand, if he's a ST holder.

Blackburn get another, 5-4, absolutely stark raving mental game.

haha we do like to make things tricky dont we

5-4

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ah grand, if he's a ST holder.

I'm not, flights booked anyway.

Ashley Young, 6-4!

Jeez, I'd hate to be watching that Liverpool-spurs match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Great goal by Young he's been looking for that one all night.Typical counter attack by Villa

Great header by Dunne and Ashley with a lovely finish

Villa till I die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I love Villa.

But one more goal and I will really really love them.:D

Put the bets on when it was 5-3

20/01/2010 Single To Win Aston Villa 7 - 4 @ 225/1
    Aston Villa v Blackburn Pending €10.00
    20/01/2010 Single To Win Aston Villa 5 - 4 @ 12/1
    20/01/2010 Single To Win Aston Villa 6 - 4 @ 30/1

well played sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Holy crap! :eek:

What a game, Villa are shocking though conceeding 2 against 10 not-that-great-men when you had the run of midfield.

• Advertisement

ABSOLUTE FREAKING INSANITY OF A GAME.

♫♫We're going to Wembley♫♫

Dunne getting emotional in the interview? We love you Dunnie Monster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

/should have watched this match

So if there's any tickets floating about....:D

ABSOLUTE FREAKING INSANITY OF A GAME.

♫♫We're going to Wembley♫♫

Dunne getting emotional in the interview? We love you Dunnie Monster
    And to think of all those on Villa Talk who said he wasn't good enough lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

MON's interview was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I stopped posting here after Rovers went up 2-0 and to be honest I agree with Big Sam, the foul on Nelsen was a huge turning point in this game. I'm getting fed up of these decisions not going our way, Nelsen is regularly fouled and doesn't get the decisions that often. A couple of weeks ago Crouch was all over him and scored a goal with no call by the refs, same here again. I honestly feel Rovers were robbed by that no call for Villa's first goal. If that call wasn't made then Samba has no need to risk the challenge on Agbonlahor and we don't end up down to 10 men with our backs to the wall.

And O'Neill has some balls saying that Agbonlahor's dive last week was a penalty when its clear on replays that he was on his way down long before he got near Samba's leg.

eagle eye wrote: »
    the foul on Nelsen was a huge turning point in this game.
    True, it looked like a foul and I was surprised the goal stood, but the rest of your post comes across like a whiney conspiracy theory loser's rant tbh.

Neither side were particularly good, I don't think.

Savman wrote: »
    True, it looked like a foul and I was surprised the goal stood, but the rest of your post comes across like a whiney conspiracy theory loser's rant tbh.

Neither side were particularly good, I don't think.
    Conspiracy theory? Are you for real?

Get a new pair of glasses and reread it. I'm saying it as it is. Agbonlahor dived and got called for it, O'Neill comes out this week and claims it was a penalty after nearly a week to look at replays, and any normal rational person would have seen that Agbonlahor was diving before he came near Samba's leg.
    Also if you can find a copy of Blackburn vs Tottenham, have a look at Crouch's first goal and you will see that what I'm saying is quite true.
    And that first Villa goal changed the game entirely, if it was rightly been blown up for a foul, the whole game takes a different course. And thats pretty plain to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What a match. Rovers were on the losing side but can take alot of positives from the game:

- for a team that has had trouble scoring, it was great to score four goals in one game and create lots of chances, particularly against a team who have had a strong defensive record all season.
    - Kalinic got two goals and is starting to look the part now. Sam had him on weight training to bulk him up apparently and he looks like a goal scorer once he gets a good run in the team. He may justify Bilic saying he'll be the next Davor Suker!
    - Olsson looked fantastic on the left side of midfield. He got a brilliant goal and ripped Ceullar to shreds for the first half hour.
    - Playing two defensive midfielders (Emerton and N'Zonzi) and two attacking midfielders (Olsson and Pedersen) worked a treat and Sam should start using this system in the PL asap. Pedersen looked alot better in the centre especially.

There are alot of positives to be taken from the game and Sam should bring them into the game at home against Wigan next week. That's definitely a game we should win.

As for the game, Nelsen was fouled but there's not much we can do now. I thought it was a sending off but the ref could have just carded Samba and given a penalty. The sending off ruined the entire game as a match.

At the end of the day, Blackburn are always going to be a middle of the road club. 6 semi finals in the last eight years is very good going for a club that continually sell their best players each Summer (e.g. Bentley and Friedel last year, Santa Cruz and Warnock this year).

Also if you can find a copy of Blackburn vs Tottenham, have a look at Crouch's first goal and you will see that what I'm saying is quite true.
    Uh huh, so you're saying it's a wider problem for you and that all the referees gather once a month to think of ways to do Blackurn Rovers injustice.

Seriously dude. Some decisions you get, some you don't.

As for MON...Premier League manager in biased team comment shocker!!

gardner fee agreed with blues

Helix wrote: »
    gardner fee agreed with blues

Wrong thread!

Savman wrote: »
    Uh huh, so you're saying it's a wider problem for you and that all the referees gather once a month to think of ways to do Blackurn Rovers injustice.

Seriously dude. Some decisions you get, some you don't.

As for MON...Premier League manager in biased team comment shocker!!
    I never said there was any conspiracy, I said its just happening too often to us lately.
    On O'Neill, I don't mind biased comments after a game, but bringing it up a week later is just showing a lack of respect to the opposition after you have won your way to Wembley. I don't think it was necessary at all.
    I probably shouldn't even answer you a second time. I'm thinking of just switching you off altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I think i watched the wrong game... 10 goals ... /cries

:(

• Advertisement

I probably shouldn't even answer you a second time. I'm thinking of just switching you off altogether.
    Still harpin on about this are ya, must just been itching for boards to get back online to continue ranting eh :)

Will send ya postcard from Wembley :D

Advertisement