Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to get or lend a transfare cable? post here

• 20-01-2010 5:54pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So as the topic is, maybe it could be made a sticky?
    We could post here if people need or willing to lend out there transfare cable, if someone has stolen one?
    I have posted mine out to a few people.
    But a certain member Sheepy99 has gotten mine about 7/8 weeks now and just ignores my pms, doens't look like I'll get it back at this stage
    If anyone has any names to add post away and I'll edit them in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Lenny wrote: »
    So as the topic is, maybe it could be made a sticky?
    We could post here if people need or willing to lend out there transfare cable, if someone has stolen one?
    But a certain member Sheepy99 has gotten mine about 7/8 weeks now and just ignores my pms, doens't look like I'll get it back at this stage
    If anyone has any names to add post away and I'll edit them in

I considered doing what you've done but the bolded reason is why I didn't. If there was some way I could take a deposit on it (fully refundable minus postage) then I'd definitely consider posting it out to people.

something like

Pay me €15 (cost of the cable)
    I send it out
    You use it, send it back
    I give you €13 back.

So in summary you paid 4 euro and got the use of the cable. Better than waiting a week to 10 days and paying €15 to Microsoft for one.

But I'm lazy, and doubt there would be considerable interest in such a scheme. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Better than waiting a week to 10 days

I can only wish, i sent away for mine before Christmas and still nada in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Great idea lenny i was going to start a new thread /resurrect an older one to ask if anyone wanted to loan me theirs as i tried contacting microshaft and not a thing has been done

I will of course pay via paypal or cash for the delivery charge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How much are they on eBay ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I had bought one for 7e all in delivered from hong kong, an they won't be genuine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

Im also looking to get one.Want to do the the gamertag glitch when you have colours in your name.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

andy g wrote: »
    Im also looking to get one.Want to do the the gamertag glitch when you have colours in your name.

Lol, by the time you get it that'll prob be patches. It's out a while now.
    Have to say I liked joining games Aa infinityward an a blank gamtertag :)

If anybody is actually interested in what I posted above just PM me. If you've doubts about my character well I dunno how to convince you but I do have a good standing on adverts.ie and post here and on the console modding forum very often :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

If anybody is actually interested in what I posted above just PM me. If you've doubts about my character well I dunno how to convince you but I do have a good standing on adverts.ie and post here and on the console modding forum very often :)

PM sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

can we use this also as a name and shame thread?

i'm in a very similar situation, probably a longer timeframe though. He responded to a few PMs with what seemed like a valid excuse. I sent another PM to him yesterday, awaiting response. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

theteal wrote: »
    can we use this also as a name and shame thread?

i'm in a very similar situation, probably a longer timeframe though. He responded to a few PMs with what seemed like a valid excuse. I sent another PM to him yesterday, awaiting response. . .

Disappointing to hear about crap like that on boards. Especially when ye make the effort to try and help people :(

Sorry to hear about the troubles lads, I agree with a name & shame thread for other boardsies to be aware of. By the way that's why I presented something like above - the person who wants the cable takes the risk by putting down the deposit. They'll have my name & address and this thread as proof if I stitch them up and anybody looking for a freebie by keeping the cable will have lost €15 or not have bothered contacting me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Got mine for free from MS, used it once and gave it to someone else to help them avoid the months of waiting. To all the people holding onto your cables; Why bother?
    Show a bit of charity and pass a useless bit of clutter on to a fellow boardsie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

whats a transfare cable?

Hey if any body has one that they dont use i will be happy to borrow it from them or will pay for the postage to dublin.Thanks

tman wrote: »
    Got mine for free from MS, used it once and gave it to someone else to help them avoid the months of waiting. To all the people holding onto your cables; Why bother?
    Show a bit of charity and pass a useless bit of clutter on to a fellow boardsie!

Because I paid for mine, and plan on using it for a bit more than the once-off transfer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

quad_red wrote: »
    Disappointing to hear about crap like that on boards. Especially when ye make the effort to try and help people :(

false alarm, i got a reply, seems like an honest mistake, i should be receiving it soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i have 2 but I couldent be bothered my ass queing up in the post office. Besides how often does one need one?

i have 2 but I couldent be bothered my ass queing up in the post office. Besides how often does one need one?

Hey man I would be willing on meeting up with you in blanch if you are willing on letting me borrow it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Quick question: Is there a legal way to get the ISO for the software to transfer from the 20GB to another larger HDD? I have the cable already...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Hi,

Does anyone have a transfer cable in Galway that could be borrowed for an evening?

Just got a great resolution to my RROD problem -- Microsoft claimed the unit was bought in 2006 (actually bought in 2007). Contacted HMV here to ask if they could check their sales records to confirm the box was within the 3-year warranty, and the manager just told me to bring in my old box and they'd exchange it.

Delighted! Now all I need is to see if I can transfer my saves... don't want to lose my Shephard or Vault Dweller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have a 256mb memory card to lend if people just want to transfer game saves/profiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Just rang Xbox Support there to see where my cable order was at, and the geezer at the other end, tried to tell me that MS have started charging 12 pound (not euro), and if I wanted it, I would need to pay using a valid Credit Card in my own name.

I explained to him that I had a reference number from December when I rang originally and thankfully, when he checked it, it showed that it had already been dispatched on the 22nd Jan.

MS are getting some cheek now. Is this the new way to re-coup moolah from the RROD repair process. Your console dies, you buy a new one with a bigger hard drive and now you have to pay them to transfer your content. Hmmmmmm :confused:

well they must have given hundreds of thousands for free I'd say.
    people are ringing them up now to get not, not to transfare there harddrive data - but to modify there data stored on there harddrive
    if you buy a new harddrive from a shop and give the serial numbers they may give it to you for free.

Quick question: Is there a legal way to get the ISO for the software to transfer from the 20GB to another larger HDD? I have the cable already...

Thanks

I wouldn't think so. I even tried the illegal way but alas PAL Transfer ISOs are not out there.

I should have posted this earlier but my transfer cable is currently making it's way to Chet T16.

I just brought one today for 5e Free P&P BARGAIN!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

oh ok cool so ingnore my PM then.

oh ok cool so ingnore my PM then.

Sorry just seen it there,Thanks alot anyways:D

I wouldn't think so. I even tried the illegal way but alas PAL Transfer ISOs are not out there.

I should have posted this earlier but my transfer cable is currently making it's way to Chet T16.

bit confused by that post..?
    do you just wana transfare your harddrive to another one, and you don't have the cd?
    You could try back it up in xport, and then restore it to the other harddrive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

bit confused by that post..?
    do you just wana transfare your harddrive to another one, and you don't have the cd?
    You could try back it up in xport, and then restore it to the other harddrive?
    I've tried to use XPort360, but for whatever reason it will see my new HDD but it does not recognise my old 20GB hard disk. I am using Windows 7 on my computer that I'm using for XPort.

Any tips greatly appreciated, as I have a bunch of saved games and my Rock Band 1 songs all on the old HDD that I'd love to copy across (and don't much fancy buying an MU just to copy stuff across).

Thanks.

Advertisement