Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to get or lend a transfare cable? post here

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Lenny wrote: »
    bit confused by that post..?
    do you just wana transfare your harddrive to another one, and you don't have the cd?
    You could try back it up in xport, and then restore it to the other harddrive?

I've got the actual MS CD and cable - my post was in repsonse to the question about acquiring the Transfer CD ISO somewhere other than Microsoft. I don't think it's possible - I had a 3rd party cable that didn't recognise my 20GB drive and went searching for that ISO but couldn't find it. Into the bargain I'm pretty sure the console would have to be modded to read it even if you did find it :D

In the end I bought my cable from MS.

I prefer not to use tools like Xport or Xplorer because they're also used to re-sign other people's savegames and/or cheat and I don't like to raise suspicion :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've tried to use XPort360, but for whatever reason it will see my new HDD but it does not recognise my old 20GB hard disk. I am using Windows 7 on my computer that I'm using for XPort.

Any tips greatly appreciated, as I have a bunch of saved games and my Rock Band 1 songs all on the old HDD that I'd love to copy across (and don't much fancy buying an MU just to copy stuff across).

Thanks.
    maybe try xplore360 its another software..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I have a 256mb memory card to lend if people just want to transfer game saves/profiles.

can you use a flash memory card or does it have to be an official Xbox memory card?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hey, does anyone have a data transfer cable they would be willing to part with/No longer need?

I can pay postage or meet in Dublin area....

Don't want to resort to ebay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

can you use a flash memory card or does it have to be an official Xbox memory card?

Think it has to be official since Microsoft locked out all third party memory units.

• Advertisement
Advertisement