Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 doubts

• 20-01-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

I have had an iphone 3g with 16gb memory for the last year or so. I am on the o2 advance 175 plan, standard rate of 45 euro a month.

two issues with the phone

1) I have loads of music on it but now can't listen to it as the place where I stick in the earphones no longer hodls the earphones in properly(not sure how it got damaged but it's been like that for 6 months)

2) during the summer I spent a week in london and used google maps and checked a few football results, total bill that month = 475 euros (02 were kind enough to contact me on the last day of my trip when my bill has gone 1000% over standard rate, thanks guys. My fault I know for not being aware of how expensive roaming was but still ...)

Anyway I now qualify for a gold upgrade and am thinking of getting a 32gb 3gs but even with the gold upgrade it's still rather expensive.

02 want to tie me into another 18 month contract and i am not sure about this as I may be travelling abroad for a few months in summer. Anyway I also want to clarify some issues about the upgrade itself

1) i get to keep the old 16gb 3g when I upgrade so any advice what to do with it (i presume the remaining 6 months on that contract is written off due to the new contract and also it's just a case of putting my old sim in the new phone i receive - right?)

2) should i stay with 02, new customers get better deals than exisiting ones, should i just let the contract wind down (another 6 months left?) and see what my options are then? Also what are the options when I am out of contract, can i just get pay as you go on the iphone until i make a decision

3) should I make use of my upgrade and if so, say I decide on a nokia or palm pre or something and I move my sim, are the music and apps on my old iphone capable of syncing with my new nonapple smartphone?

any advice would be really appreciated, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nathan2521 wrote: »

1) i get to keep the old 16gb 3g when I upgrade so any advice what to do with it (i presume the remaining 6 months on that contract is written off due to the new contract and also it's just a case of putting my old sim in the new phone i receive - right?)

2) should i stay with 02, new customers get better deals than exisiting ones, should i just let the contract wind down (another 6 months left?) and see what my options are then? Also what are the options when I am out of contract, can i just get pay as you go on the iphone until i make a decision

3) should I make use of my upgrade and if so, say I decide on a nokia or palm pre or something and I move my sim, are the music and apps on my old iphone capable of syncing with my new nonapple smartphone?

any advice would be really appreciated, cheers

1> The phone is yours, you can do what you like with it. Do you really need those extra few gigs, It would be better to let it wind down and see what offers are out when your contract it up. Maybe some other operator has more flexible roaming prices and heaven forbid a better phone.

2> my opinion, no, new iphone due shortly, another 18mt contract would feel like a prison sentence if you got tied into one now with a soon to be old model phone.

3> no and no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement