Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtail the Right to Strike & Hold Unions Responsible for Costs!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭CityCentreMan

Riskymove wrote: »
    pfft......there have been many private sector industrial actions in this country in recent times ...such rose-tinted views are part of the problem in current public sector bashing

can you not recall:

the electricians strike halting work on many sites?

coca-cola plant dispute?

I suggest you pay a visit to the LRC and Labour Court websites and have a look at the cases

Good Point Riskymove!

It is vital that any moves to restrict the right to strike and to hold unions responsible for the costs associated with their actions should apply to all unions - not just the PS Unions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭donkey balls

What planet are you on?

The Labour Court found in favour of the IAA!

Unfortunately they were not asked to make any decision or recommendations regarding the costs, inconvenience & damage suffered by over 20,000 people as a result of the ATC's selfish actions!

the LRC ruled in favour of the IAA and the ATCO have accepted that the piont i was making was the spin by the papers IBEC& o leary about there salary and the amount of hours worked per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Sleepy wrote: »
    You missed my point. Not only does it inconvenience people, the greed of the PS unions costs every taxpayer in the country.
    And I suppose the greed of the private sector doesnt cost anyone anything.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

unit 1 wrote: »
    And I suppose the greed of the private sector doesnt cost anyone anything.:rolleyes:

In the private sector, you have choice and can shop around for most industries.

The most messed up industries were formerly state owned like the communications industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

Sleepy wrote: »
    You missed my point. Not only does it inconvenience people, the greed of the PS unions costs every taxpayer in the country.

Well said, the government should outlaw public sector strikes, the trade unions can't be allowed dictate economic and taxation policy in this country, anyone who works in the healthcare, education or aviation sector should automatically be forbidden by law to go on strike, same with the civil service and the ESB. The unions are a bunch of blood sucking leeches as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Well said, the government should outlaw public sector strikes, the trade unions can't be allowed dictate economic and taxation policy in this country, anyone who works in the healthcare, education or aviation sector should automatically be forbidden by law to go on strike, same with the civil service and the ESB. The unions are a bunch of blood sucking leeches as far as I'm concerned.

and can we get rid of the employers union IBEC?:rolleyes: as well

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

and can we get rid of the employers union IBEC?:rolleyes: as well

Why not they supported the folly of social partnership since 1987, performance related pay should be introduced in the public sector.

Advertisement