Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Rally

Options
  • 20-01-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Going to Galway for the rally the weekend after next and can't find a site that's open. Anyone know of one ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

I think you can now legally camp at the Galway Docks - at the west end in front of Dun Aengus block of apartments.

From what I heard there is elec hook up available - vouchers from pub across the road.

Quay st. 2 mins walk

Anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭denmar

Thanks for that info. Will check it out .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 danny50

Hi i parked there last friday night. you pay €3 to stay from 7pm till 8am then it's 2 per hour phew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

Glad to hear its true! Great idea - would be handy if we saw more of these appearing around the country.

Lets hope people use them with respect and they are not removed again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

Saw them during the summer great idea but if you have a long camper it will be overhanging out on the street not sure what lenght they fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 danny50

my Europa is a 670 reversed up to kerb there was still plenty of room to walk behind camper.
    if your in Portumna there is a nice marina there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 amoore

we have used this parking area a lot, and found it fantastic,you can park there at a toll of 2 euro per hr before 7pm.you will have to wait til after 7 pm then pay 3 euro at the parking ticket machine, this covers you to park there till 8am and includes your electric, the clampers are up and about early there so becarefull.

Advertisement