Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for engagement party.

• 20-01-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a venue to hold an engagement party in in the city somewhere.
    Needs to fit between 80 and 100 people and must be wheelchair accessible and have disbled toilet facilities. If anyone knows of anywhere I'd really appreciate your help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ronemore has a disabled toilet and all that up there. Mount sion either. Dunno if it has a disabled toilet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Dooleys hotel has a good spot for parties and that might be a bit on the big side worth a look tho but it definatly would have disabled facilities being a hotel. Oskars on the dunmore road is grand might be a bit small for 100 people tho but would have the disabled facilities as well, i could name a few other places as well but i wouldnt be sure how set up the are for disabled. Worth a look would be the mansion house, jack meads maybe the wander inn im sure the others on here might know a bit about them.
    Good luck with the party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd nearly go as far to say that anywhere you look will date this diable toilet. IIRC its law and they take a very very dim view on anyone not up to code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd nearly go as far to say that anywhere you look will date this diable toilet. IIRC its law and they take a very very dim view on anyone not up to code.

Yeah I'd say you might only find a few small pubs and that around that wouldn't anymore. I'd certainly imagine anywhere with a function room would have.

So, that being that, is there any kind of place you'd prefer because we could just all list the various venues around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Thanks for the replies lads! :)
    I'm helping a friend organise it and to be honest I'm not 100% sure what exactly she is looking for. I said I'd go on a fact finding mission for her :) We had a quick think of places and you'd be surprised the amount of places that while being wheelchair accessible wouldn't really be wheelchair friendly! It's the father of the bride to be that is wheelchair bound so it's really important to her that he be comfortable.
    She did mention the Roanmore centre, I've never been there so I haven't a clue how well it would work really! Would anyone know anymore details about it? Cost? Contact?
    She is wary of getting somewhere too big in case it looks empty so big dark draughty halls are a no! :)
    She would prefer a central location so the night can carry on if needs be.
    Someone also mentioned the rugby club in passing to me as a suggestion today but neither of us had been there and don't know if it would suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the rugby clubs boarded up since 04'

Thanks for the replies lads! :)
    I'm helping a friend organise it and to be honest I'm not 100% sure what exactly she is looking for. I said I'd go on a fact finding mission for her :) We had a quick think of places and you'd be surprised the amount of places that while being wheelchair accessible wouldn't really be wheelchair friendly! It's the father of the bride to be that is wheelchair bound so it's really important to her that he be comfortable.
    She did mention the Roanmore centre, I've never been there so I haven't a clue how well it would work really! Would anyone know anymore details about it? Cost? Contact?
    She is wary of getting somewhere too big in case it looks empty so big dark draughty halls are a no! :)
    She would prefer a central location so the night can carry on if needs be.
    Someone also mentioned the rugby club in passing to me as a suggestion today but neither of us had been there and don't know if it would suit.
    Im heading up the shortly meself. Ill get the number for ya.
    It is very wheelchair friendly. Main two is 2 push doors, there is a ramp upto them. Then the function room is on the right, again 2 push doors and then your in. The toilet is on the left after the main door, go through the double push doors and take a right, there is a dedicated disabled toilet. Just ask for the code of it behind the bar, or ill give ya it. I likes me comfort ya know :)
    Its not city centre or anything but its only a minute or two in a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

The Dome in WIT should fit the bill for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

Ah cool cheers Seany :) much appreciated!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Downstairs in the Forum is great for that kind of function. It is the old Devine restraunt. Was there at a 21st a few weeks back. Perfect.

• Advertisement

Beeker wrote: »
    Downstairs in the Forum is great for that kind of function. It is the old Devine restraunt. Was there at a 21st a few weeks back. Perfect.

cool. Didnt know you could have parties down there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

seanybiker wrote: »
    cool. Didnt know you could have parties down there.
    Yeah its a nice spot, I have to say I was very impressed with the place.

Advertisement