Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Paris for the Summer

Options
  • 20-01-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

I`m currently doing my Leaving and will almost certainly do French as part of my degree next year, so a friend and I decided we should spend the summer in Paris. Paris is obviously an incredibly expensive city and I`m almost certain I cant afford it but I really think it would help my French. However while my own French is pretty good, my friend`s isnt to be honest so it will obviously be tough for him to get a job and to communicate.

Has anyone here done something similar to this? And if so, how difficult was it to get accomadation, jobs etc?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

kev9100 wrote: »
    Paris is obviously an incredibly expensive city and I`m almost certain I cant afford it...

A flat will set you back about €500 a month. Paris is like any other city, it's expensive as a tourist but cheaper when you actually live in it. Before the recession Dublin and Paris cost about the same amount.

This site is useful for ads (the link is for flat-sharing).

And there's always craigslist... http://paris.fr.craigslist.org/sub/

What type of work are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Finally, a reply!:D

We were thinking getting a job in an Irish or French bar but like I said earler, my mates french is pretty poor so him getting one in an French bar would be tough.

Advertisement