Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox arcade problems

• 20-01-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

i've an xbox arcade and from time to time i've noticed that the system time keep resetting back to some default around 12/12/2005,never passed much remarks
    but now some of the saved games aren't saved

any ideas

i've got a very dissapointed 6y old

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

the xbox tends to do that if you're not connected to LIVE, if you have BB, its worth connecting the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 phildevan2

i have one of thoses mobile bb modems but most people talk in mega bits this downloads in bits
    would this be reason enough to bring it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

There is no CMOS battery in the xbox like there is a PC. If you plug it out of a power source for long enough it'll lose time and reset itself.

I do not know what is "long enough" by the way. If you connect the console to xbox live every time you power it on the clock should sync up with the actual time & date as reported by the xbox servers. If your console is offline then you'll have to change the date yourself :)

What do you mean the "saved games aren't saved"? You mean to say savegames went and vanished on you? Did somebody delete them? Did your drive clear itself?

And no, I'm currently leaning towards user error here so I wouldn't think you could bring the console back, you've not established a fault with it yet

ok...
    my kid has indiana jones lego when the xbox says do you want to load new game or a saved game ,we choose saved game (which should be 50% completed) and there is no game saved
    Did somebody delete them? Did your drive clear itself?
    i'm thinking as i'm writing this could the game be deleted...not sure

but why do i have to keep going back to console settings and entering the correct time and date.

xbox is left plugged in and is used every other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The clock reset is a power issue, power to the console is being lost and the clock is resetting itself because there is no battery to keep this information (like there is in a PC).

You wouldn't have to keep resetting the time if you had the console connecting to xbox live where it could sync up by itself, or if you solved whatever is causing the loss of power.

Either way, having the wrong time on your console is no big deal, it causes no problem that I know of. I played my console for months when it thought it was 2005 :D

Keep an eye on it yourself, it's an arcade with no hard drive so there may be something wrong with it that's causing problems but it's inconclusive at the minute IMO

• Advertisement

thanks TouchingVirus
    i'll keep an eye on it
    to try and find if there is a problem

Advertisement