Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of grass & pests

• 20-01-2010 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

just wondering what to use for getting a patch of ground ready for sowing, i need to clear the grass. Also will it be safe to sow then or do i need to wait a while.

Also last year i sowed a very small amount to see if i had an interest in it, i was raging when the slugs then catapillers attacked my greens and destroyed them. I used a garlic based natural repelant but it did not work, is there anything i can grow to keep the pests away. I am thinking of growing spuds, carrots, sprouts, onion, cabbage and herbs but any tips on what to use for keeping away the pests would be great. Or any fairly safe spray that can be used to keep these pests at bay. Ta

Advertisement