Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUI: 1908 - 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

muffinman wrote: »
    Is that the same Peter Sutherland funding the new law school?
    The very one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

Dear angry Michaelrsh

P.S., Perhaps you'd like to explain why you were searching boards for incriminating evidence

I wasn't searching for evidence at all, I was deciding what to put on my CAO and was reading TCD forum, then I checked out UCD's forum and it appeared you seemed like a harvey two-face.

Kind Regards
    Chewbacca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

El Siglo wrote: »
    Sutherland makes a good point. The problem with this however is that it will seriously piss off the other colleges, particularly; DCU, NUIM and DIT with maybe UCC, NUIG and UL joining in. If a merger was done, Jesus that would be something to be proud of. I would rather have my degree awarded by the Uni of Dub than some new state quango with its cheap, tacky logo on my parchment.;)

Why would UCC, NUIG or UL join this 'University of Dublin' when they're not even in Dublin. Granted Maynooth might join as it's only a few km outside Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Why would UCC, NUIG or UL join this 'University of Dublin' when they're not even in Dublin. Granted Maynooth might join as it's only a few km outside Dublin.

Yeh but they might feel left out in the cold because they voiced their opposition to the innovation merger last March. However, if UCD and TCD did join up for the purposes of having their degrees awarded by the University of Dublin then I doubt the others would care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No it's actually useful believe it or now. I'm doing environmental science at the moment in TCD. I was talking to one of the lecturers about doing certain research, which would involve me going out to Belfield to work with another lecturer there. Now this wouldn't have been possible before or it would have entailed a lot bureaucratic rubbish. With the research merger, it makes things a little easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

If this speak regarding reducing the no. of Universities is just goings on re' fusing TCD, UCD, DCU &, perhaps, DIT, then doubtless there are benefits... but it seems a little odd if it's about joining up or closing down any of Galway (guess it's UCG (again) now), Maynooth (what was it before? St. Patrick's?) &/or Limerick.

Regrouping, post degrouping? Smacks of Health-board/HSE ballsing around.

I think it's invading forces that like to close down the Universities, not those who are pro the whole Knowledge Economy 'thing'.

All that said, I did read recently about how a lot of the Quaker super-businesses of the past were developed partly as a consequence of University doorways not being open for them... perhaps that's what Peter is trying for.

Can anyone tell me if Peter Sutherland ever actually started up a business from scratch?

Advertisement