Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

pjhamill wrote: »
    Ye but tune in radio doesn't have Newstalk

I am listening to newstalk at the moment on tune in and it is working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pjhamill wrote: »
    Sky Mobile app.Watch sport on it all the time.8 euro a month is a bargain.

+1...so far i've watched all 3 of the Newcastle games shown so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Moss for watching tv.
    Tunein and Wunder for radio.
    Doddle Soccer is very addictive
    Flick football
    SPB TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dylan.

Jailbreak it :)
    Cydia has loads more apps that the App Store rejected.
    1) *edited*
    2) MxTube (watch and download YouTube videos)
    3) iFile (allows root file access)
    4) Safari download manager (download any file from the Internet. Find it using iFile
    5) Winterboard - you could use themes way before os4 came out. Winterboard still has an edge in that you can create your own themes in Photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I know everyone says it, but Angry Birds is super.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

banquo wrote: »
    I know everyone says it, but Angry Birds is super.

yeah really addictive , try also Orbital! Absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pjhamill

Pocket Universe is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Mafia Wars
    Pumps.ie
    Twitbird
    Irish Weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Mafia Wars
    Pumps.ie
    Twitbird
    Irish Weather

sniff, finished all the missions in mafiawars, all thats left is those random ones that come up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

phill106 wrote: »
    sniff, finished all the missions in mafiawars, all thats left is those random ones that come up...
    Just started it myself, can imagine it being quite boring when you've finished all the missions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

osmos - one of the best iphone games
    fragger - like angry birds with grenades
    bejeweled 2
    tuneIn radio
    shazam

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Footman

When I try to log in should I use my mac e mail address and password or create new ones?
    My mac ones are rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Leatherman

Instapaper = no 1

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

Anyone know of an app that can tell me what apps are running or draining my battery???

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shampoo2223

converter units, google earth, skype and you tube

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Cotts wrote: »
    Anyone know of an app that can tell me what apps are running or draining my battery???

Jailbreak and install SBsettings. Super little app. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Citizen Shane

Cotts wrote: »

Update software to IOS4 through iTunes (Free) and then just double click the main button on your iPhone to see which apps are open and draining your battery. Press and hold the app and a little minus button will appear which you can use to close the app(s). Closing the mail or phone app does not mean you won't receive new messages or calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Update software to IOS4 through iTunes (Free) and then just double click the main button on your iPhone to see which apps are open and draining your battery. Press and hold the app and a little minus button will appear which you can use to close the app(s). Closing the mail or phone app does not mean you won't receive new messages or calls.
    most apps dont drain ur battery, they are frozen and stored in the ram, only a few like skype stay running in the background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Closing the mail or phone app does not mean you won't receive new messages or calls.

What?? This is a load of rubbish. Closing the phone app or mail app from multi-tasking still enables you to receive calls and messages. :confused:

lalee17 wrote: »
    What?? This is a load of rubbish. Closing the phone app or mail app from multi-tasking still enables you to receive calls and messages. :confused:
    he said that to, just in a different way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pjhamill

Read It Later is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Citizen Shane

guil wrote: »
    most apps dont drain ur battery, they are frozen and stored in the ram, only a few like skype stay running in the background

I agree, the majority of apps don't drain your battery when inactive but for those that do; like Skype and Maps, it's worth shutting them down completely metinx...battery life isn't the iPhone's strongest suit as I'm sure most owners will admit!

Sorry for misinterpretation lalee17 but yes, that's what I said {^_^}

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

New Sky Sports News app is excellent.

Free.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Update software to IOS4 through iTunes (Free) and then just double click the main button on your iPhone to see which apps are open and draining your battery.
    That's not what the double click does. Doubleclicking just gives you easy access the last Apps you've used in a quick scroll option.

Press and hold the app and a little minus button will appear which you can use to close the app(s).
    It doesn't close the App it just takes if off the scroll list.

Closing the mail or phone app does not mean you won't receive new messages or calls.
    Again, you're not closing it.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's not what the double click does. Doubleclicking just gives you easy access the last Apps you've used in a quick scroll option.

It doesn't close the App it just takes if off the scroll list.

Again, you're not closing it.
    pressing the red x does close the app, when ya go to the app again, it starts again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

guil wrote: »
    pressing the red x does close the app, when ya go to the app again, it starts again
    That doesn't make sense as that would mean that all the Apps are open as they are all shown when you double click the home button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

That doesn't make sense as that would mean that all the Apps are open as they are all shown when you double click the home button.
    ??? I think you are getting confused. They are not all shown when you double click the home button, unless you have opened them all at some stage since the last time you closed them down by double clicking the home button and pressing the red x as noted above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gutterman

I found the best app for iphone for me is the around me app.
    good for finding hotels, coffee shops, hospitals, banks etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gutterman

Dazzer B wrote: »
    Hi everyone just bought a 3GS 16g and looking for the the best APPS to put on phone can anyone recommended good ones TKS

Best Regards

Darren

the around me app is very good!

• Advertisement

how does it not make sence, when ya exit an app its ''paused'' and double clicking the home button brongs up the list of puased apps in order last used
    pressing and holding on any app brings up a little x over all of them, clcik that x and it closes whatever app

click on an app again and it starts from the beginning or start of the app

Advertisement