Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

guil wrote: »
    how does it not make sence, when ya exit an app its ''paused'' and double clicking the home button brongs up the list of puased apps in order last used
    pressing and holding on any app brings up a little x over all of them, clcik that x and it closes whatever app

click on an app again and it starts from the beginning or start of the app
    So are you saying that if I open an App it is always partially open until I actually close it the way you suggested?

The reason why I ask is because when I double click the Home button the last four Apps that I had open appear on the screen, and I can scroll across for all the Apps on my phone. If what you're saying is right, about them all running in the background, well then all my Apps are always on? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Johnzy Fitzgerald

The apps aren't always "on".
    You can think of the apps that show up when you double-click as more of a recently used list. Most of the apps that are on the list aren't running or paused.
    You can test this by clicking on some of the apps further down in the list and you will see that they will load from the beginning and not resume from a paused state.
    Only the most recently used apps are paused (or running(if they support it)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

ahhh, I had been wondering why my battery was so much worse since IOS4, so if I open the likes of Skype, Facebook, Twitter (anything web based) it stays open unless you close it as instructed by Citizen Shane. will try that, hopefully i'll see an improvement back to once a night charge!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Johnzy Fitzgerald

Firedance wrote: »
    ahhh, I had been wondering why my battery was so much worse since IOS4, so if I open the likes of Skype, Facebook, Twitter (anything web based) it stays open unless you close it as instructed by Citizen Shane. will try that, hopefully i'll see an improvement back to once a night charge!:rolleyes:

Skype running in the background is supposed to be pretty rough on the battery alright. I wouldn't necessarily worry about Twitter or Facebook though.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

my battery is still being anihilated even though im minusing the apps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The apps aren't always "on".
    You can think of the apps that show up when you double-click as more of a recently used list. Most of the apps that are on the list aren't running or paused.
    You can test this by clicking on some of the apps further down in the list and you will see that they will load from the beginning and not resume from a paused state.
    Only the most recently used apps are paused (or running(if they support it)).
    So I was right in what I said earlier then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Cotts wrote: »
    my battery is still being anihilated even though im minusing the apps

Same.

I think it must be something I installed after JBing.

mine isnt jbroken though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Cotts wrote: »
    mine isnt jbroken though

are you using it alot, without using any apps my phone lasts three days,
    yesterday i was using monopoly and i had to charge it last night, i was playing angry birds there and i had to charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

3G browsing is a killer as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Location services is stuck in the greyed off position, not sure why this is as I cant use the GSM now. Very annoying, has anyone seen this before? I've powered on & off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Location services is stuck in the greyed off position, not sure why this is as I cant use the GSM now. Very annoying, has anyone seen this before? I've powered on & off
    what do ya mean ya cant use gsm, can ya not make calls or send texts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

guil wrote: »
    what do ya mean ya cant use gsm, can ya not make calls or send texts

No just location services, on google maps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

thats not GSM, its GPS
    try doing a restore or ya could be in a bad GPS area

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Angry birds update :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Paparazzo wrote: »
    My mate downloaded an app called Star Walk, I want an i-phone after seeing it!
    You have to pay for it and it's a big file, so download it in a wi-fi area. And only worth getting if you have a 3gs phone

just thought I would bump as its definatly the best app I have ever seen on the iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

heard on radio today about an app that lets you hear baby heartbeat while still in womb but cant track it down??? herself is 5 days overdue so is getting agitated:D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

km79 wrote: »
    heard on radio today about an app that lets you hear baby heartbeat while still in womb but cant track it down??? herself is 5 days overdue so is getting agitated:D

iStethoscope might be what you're thinking of!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

thats the one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

Just dowloaded Atomic Web browser for iphone. Great web browser. Blows Opera and Safari outta the water. 79c on the app store.

Lots and lots of features and functinality.

BobbyT28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just dowloaded Atomic Web browser for iphone. Great web browser. Blows Opera and Safari outta the water. 79c on the app store.

Lots and lots of features and functinality.

BobbyT28

Fantastic find. I just got it too and love to change of font sizes.

EDIT: does it seem a wee bit slow loading a page? And I'm in wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Check out Epic games' Citadel demo, absolutely stunning. Have taken a few screens here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

funkyflea wrote: »
    Check out Epic games' Citadel demo, absolutely stunning. Have taken a few screens here.

wow, tis epic alright!

nout doing, but great tech demo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Skype running in the background is supposed to be pretty rough on the battery alright. I wouldn't necessarily worry about Twitter or Facebook though.

I took Skype off mine and the battery stopped draining away thank god:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

+1 for the Star Walk app. Amazing. And really shows what the iPhone can do.

irish1967 wrote: »
    +1 for the Star Walk app. Amazing. And really shows what the iPhone can do.
    whats it do exactly, just show off stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

km79 wrote: »

Sounds fantastic I know but beware. Those things rarely demonstrate any real accuracy and cause more stress than anything if they're inaccurate or not working properly. Make sure she knows it's only a bit of fun and don't bother with it if she's already stressed out.

Tiger woods game is only .79c until monday,get on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Is it tiger woods golf or some other interesting game of his??? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've added a list of Radio apps here (on the Radio forum) - if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, they'd be appreciated!

Advertisement