Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

irish1967 wrote: »
    Is it tiger woods golf or some other interesting game of his??? ;)

It's the golf game but with the added bonus of a 19th hole on each course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

irish1967 wrote: »
    Is it tiger woods golf or some other interesting game of his??? ;)

yes, tis the one that involves shafts, balls and holes. very good too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Has anyone used the app Cloud Browser?

According to the blurb it let's you use flash and java based web applications, even let's you stream video.

The problem is that it's $5.99 a month to use if you're outside the US or Canada.Anyone with a VPN care to test it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can anyone tell me does the webtexter app work for the Iphone 4 on vodafone? Does the webtext app store sent text message via the app in the iphone as sent messages?

Also, is there still an app where you can pay something like €7 a month to watch all the sky sports channels on the iphone. If so, whats the quality like over 3g and wifi, like a crappy stream or extremely consistent.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Appshopper app is now available for free. Very handy app which you should check daily to see what apps have become free ( sometimes for just a day) or have dropped in price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Nephew wrote:
    Can anyone tell me does the webtexter app work for the Iphone 4 on vodafone? Does the webtext app store sent text message via the app in the iphone as sent messages?

Also, is there still an app where you can pay something like €7 a month to watch all the sky sports channels on the iphone. If so, whats the quality like over 3g and wifi, like a crappy stream or extremely consistent.

Thanks

Yep. I use it all the time. Perfect stream on wifi. Only used it once on 3G and it was fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pjhamill

I love watching Sky on the iPhone :D

On a bus yesterday. Loud teens that just wouldn't stop going on and on and on and on about their adventures with drink the previous night. First time the annoy a teen app came in really handy. They moved seats after about 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

The new Bord Gáis app is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Sounds fantastic I know but beware. Those things rarely demonstrate any real accuracy and cause more stress than anything if they're inaccurate or not working properly. Make sure she knows it's only a bit of fun and don't bother with it if she's already stressed out.

Jesus! I know a bit about RF and SAR (specific absorption rates) in medical and mobile phone applications. (I happen to be doing some research on wireless transmissions from implants). While I am not one of the "all masts are evil" brigade, I do know that if there is any danger it's from THE HANDSET blasting away at your lug, particularly if you are far away from a mast. The jury is still out on the effect on kids' heads - I'd be a bit cautious myself and try to get them to at least move away from the thing now and then - let some of the heat dissipate.
    But to deliberately stick one close to a baby? And to a baby still in the womb?
    How mad do you have to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Jesus! I know a bit about RF and SAR (specific absorption rates) in medical and mobile phone applications. (I happen to be doing some research on wireless transmissions from implants). While I am not one of the "all masts are evil" brigade, I do know that if there is any danger it's from THE HANDSET blasting away at your lug, particularly if you are far away from a mast. The jury is still out on the effect on kids' heads - I'd be a bit cautious myself and try to get them to at least move away from the thing now and then - let some of the heat dissipate.
    But to deliberately stick one close to a baby? And to a baby still in the womb?
    How mad do you have to be?

I'm sure if you turn Airplane Mode on this will prevent any dangerous signals from the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Anyone found any games yet that have good game centre link up / online play?

Free or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

For non-gamesters! and all free:

Type in a bird name and you'll see a picture and hear the birdsong, nightingale is my fav.
    Chirp

Big Oven
    Betty Crocker
    for recipes

ShopShop
    good shopping list maker

Livecam 360
    Updated every 10 mins
    Mainly French ski resorts

MoreMono
    Take black and white photos

GPS fitness
    Choose your activity eg running, walking, sking
    Runkeeper

Irish
    IrishWord
    IrishSB (study buddy)

French
    Journal en francais facile - easy French news everyday
    Find app under RFI & MCD
    Choose French
    Choose Journaux en differe
    Then choose Journal en Francais facile

Essential French and Italian etc, search under Essential
    World Nomad Language guides
    They give pronunciation, vocab, tests etc., not just tourist phrases.
    Good for beginners

Wikipedia
    London Tube map
    Wi-Fi Finder
    City WALKS (self-guided walks in Dublin)
    Google mobile app - search google using voice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

pjhamill wrote: »
    I love watching Sky on the iPhone :D

do u need to be a current sky customer to be allowed to subscribe to sky mobile?
    This reason I ask is that I currently don't have sky at home but I'd love to be able to watch it on the iPhone-is it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

do u need to be a current sky customer to be allowed to subscribe to sky mobile?
    This reason I ask is that I currently don't have sky at home but I'd love to be able to watch it on the iPhone-is it possible?

AFAIK, yeah it's possible.

It's also possible, through jailbreaking, to force the tv out from your iphone, connect to your tv, and watch said Sky on your big screen.

I didn't tell you that second bit though!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

beardo81 wrote: »
    I'm sure if you turn Airplane Mode on this will prevent any dangerous signals from the phone?
    Yes, you are right - and it does mention this option on the guy's website for anyone worried about affecting implants such as defibrillators or pacemakers. Trouble is - who reads the fine print? Even when on flights when people are specifically told to turn off their phones - many just assume that means "don't use" the phone and you can hear the phones all chirping away re-establishing contact when the planes comes down into phone cell range as they are landing.
    I have emailed him and asked him to specifically warn about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

ah man, Angry Birds is seriously tilting me right now. I had EVERY single level complete with 3 stars.

I then proceeded to lose my phone and lost everything.... so bloody depressing, especially when a new update came in the other day.... new levels?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

for those music fans state.ie has a free app now with lots of good content from the site. me likey!

Just downloaded and tried out an App called Pro HDR. Amazing difference. Manual and automatic options. So if you want HDR without upgrading to 4.1 this is the job !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

its good but slow as a snail, i got it saturday and in really low light it works wonders with the pic, haha i even got a ghost in 1 pic

Yeah it's not fast but I guess as an app as distinct from the iOS it quick enough. Great for pics with a big difference in light. I'll post a normal and a HDR pic of the same shot in the pics thread in a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I download an App called iSpy, it displays hundreds of random CCTV cameras from around the world, some are very interesting. It also lets you control a lot of the cams. Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

What's the premium version of documents to go like for editing and viewing ms office files.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Yes, you are right - and it does mention this option on the guy's website for anyone worried about affecting implants such as defibrillators or pacemakers. Trouble is - who reads the fine print? Even when on flights when people are specifically told to turn off their phones - many just assume that means "don't use" the phone and you can hear the phones all chirping away re-establishing contact when the planes comes down into phone cell range as they are landing.
    I have emailed him and asked him to specifically warn about this.
    Could use the headphone mike too if worried

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Phil Gaynor

Of course you could go a stage further and have one built from scratch - we got an Iphone Apps. done for Roomopia from an Irish biz recommended to me - check out www.enhance.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Of course you could go a stage further and have one built from scratch - we got an Iphone Apps. done for Roomopia from an Irish biz recommended to me - check out www.enhance.ie

Mind me asking what the app is and what sort of ball part money is involved in getting it developed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Monkey Island 2 is on sale today for 79c

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Phil Gaynor

We got a booking / location finder done – Enhance.ie did the job brilliantly , I got a quote from a UK company for €16,000 but Enhance.ie did it for us for €4600. We had to shelve Roomopia unfortunately due to recession :0( but it will come around again no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

mbroaders wrote: »
    Monkey Island 2 is on sale today for 79c

Is this a full version?

I downloaded it and it won't work properly. It loads for 10 seconds and that's it. I've tried it on the iPhone and iPad and no luck.

Advertisement