Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

iDataUsage helps you keep an eye on your data allowAnce. You type in your monthly allowance, the date it starts and it keeps an eye on it for you. It's free and also runs in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

+1 on iDataUsage. 02 app can't tend to be slow updating so this app is handy coming near limit or bill date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Joining a gym tomorrow......any fitness apps I should download?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Hi,

Looking for a free app similar to Google Maps that stores all the maps on the phone so you don't need a net connection when travelling. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

BrianJD wrote: »

Thanks

nike plus(shows the distance u run,calories burned etc)
    ifitness (lots of different exercises for different muscle groups)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

ifitness is the only app you'll need.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ifitness, and all the "how to" excercise apps are really bad, the excercises are generally poorly chosen, you far better off with sticking to the main compounds

there are some good apps got tracking food v excercises, myfitnesspal is best I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mellor wrote: »
    there are some good apps got tracking food v excercises, myfitnesspal is best I've seen

I've used a few of these as well and I think mynetdiary is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nekdel

Not sure if its been mentioned, but the best website for finding about free and discount apps has to be www.appshopper.com

They update it hourly and has all the free apps from other websites promotions listed.

just spent hours going through appshopper, 1000's of apps most free. :)

I think I used that, reason I like myfitnesspal the best is because it works offline via a database of foods, most of them have some sort of website database (myfitnesspal has access to a online database with even more foods, but so far the offline has had everything, inc brand names etc)

any suggestions for a good ipod touch app?
    haven't updated apps in 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Leatherman

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a free app similar to Google Maps that stores all the maps on the phone so you don't need a net connection when travelling. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Try a search for off maps, I think it's free for a limited no of maps. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thanks

I used the Nike+ which is brilliant on the older devices like the nano and 3gs.
    There's still a few bugs to be worked out with it on IOS4 (just the fastest mile etc) but still love it as it encourages me to run and track all my stats.
    The only thing that seriously pissed me off was when I was doing the NY marathon and my nano cut out after mile 20 (stupid us current) so my longest run shows at 20 miles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

nekdel wrote: »
    just spent hours going through appshopper, 1000's of apps most free. :)

theres an appshopper app now too :)

Believe its been posted in this thread just a wee while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Thanks

i'm using adidas miCoach - can't fault it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Been playing GeoDefense-great game! There's a free version too.

What sort of options have I got for run mapping via ipod touch?
    I'm guessing none due to lack of GPS, but its worth asking

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Just downloaded "genius scan" it turns your iPhone into a scanner very interesting and free :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mellor wrote: »
    What sort of options have I got for run mapping via ipod touch?
    I'm guessing none due to lack of GPS, but its worth asking

I think the newer itouch's has the Nike+ sensor builtin so you just need the shoe sensor..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tetris is on sale, 79 cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

Been enjoying farm frenzy today-it's hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

monkey island is on sale, 79c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is Sky Walker out for iphone 4 yet cant find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

has anyone tried towermadness
    think angry birds, thats how addictive it is

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pepfcb

Fistycuffs wrote: »
    Is this a full version?

I downloaded it and it won't work properly. It loads for 10 seconds and that's it. I've tried it on the iPhone and iPad and no luck.

works fine here, great game

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭seanw7

Fragger and Tetra3d are good

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I think the newer itouch's has the Nike+ sensor builtin so you just need the shoe sensor..

All the ipod touch's have the Nike+ sensor built in AFAIK, the early one just needed the Gen3 software update.

That's no help though, nike is just a pedometer it doesn't map runs on the ipod as there is no GPS device.
    I was hoping map my run or similar have something free out there that does it via google maps type interface

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

guil wrote: »
    has anyone tried towermadness
    think angry birds, thats how addictive it is

Great game-kept me up last night playing it. I've been playing Sentinal 2 for the past few weeks. Its another tower defence one and really good. Space Station Frontier is another. I'm not sure if those two are free but well worth getting if you're into tower defence games. I got them both free from Open Feint game of the day (which I highly recommend getting).

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

Anyone know of a satnav app that only uses GPS? (I don't want to be charged roaming charges if I'm abroad)
    I used skobbler lite recently in the North and I think I was charged for roaming....I think

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

navigon, it was on sale a while ago, dont know if it still is

• Advertisement

Anyone know of a satnav app that only uses GPS? (I don't want to be charged roaming charges if I'm abroad)
    I used skobbler lite recently in the North and I think I was charged for roaming....I think

any ideas?

TomTom uses GPS only AFAIK, hence the need for a cradle to get it a better signal

Advertisement