Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

cinexplayer available for iphone now for €1.59. Play .avi files on iphone finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

matchthis wrote: »
    cinexplayer available for iphone now for €1.59. Play .avi files on iphone finally!

Didnt think Apple would ever allow that!!

Thank you thank you!!

Also iPen Drive is pretty good if you want to use your iPhone/iPod as a storage device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Also surprised at that cinexplayer too, sounds good.

For gamers, sonic 4 is out today, €7.99 for 16 levels and 7 bonus levels. It's pretty good but not supporting Retina display yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

From experience using cinexplayer on the iPad I have to say that Oplayer is much better. I've found cinexplayer refuses to play most of the avi files I've tried with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Didnt think Apple would ever allow that!!

Thank you thank you!!

Also iPen Drive is pretty good if you want to use your iPhone/iPod as a storage device.

iPen Drive ... fantastic - good find!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Tetris and scrabble back down to 0.79 cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

For the Angry Birds fans there's a new game called Cut the Rope. It's really really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Osmos is down to 79c. (Think it was 3.99 before)

Bloody brilliant immersive game, just lost the last 2 hrs to it. 79c well spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Any good apps for tracking packages through an post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

Does anyone know if there is an App to hide text messages for the iPhone 3GS, as in hide the conversation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

is there any app out there for a graphical equalizer for the iphone? Hate using the presets :( Is it even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Does anyone know if there is an App to hide text messages for the iPhone 3GS, as in hide the conversation?

Do you mean the first two lines of the conversation popping up on your screen when a text comes in? If so that's can be done in settings. I don't know about an app to hide conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

theres an app on cydia tht allows ya to switch libraries for messages, so ya can have one hidden all the time, never used it though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

AntiRip wrote: »
    For the Angry Birds fans there's a new game called Cut the Rope. It's really really good!
    +1

I was playing this all day yesterday. Excellent game. A bit short though, but I'm sure they'll add more levels before long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Anyone come across epic citadel app yet? Amazing really shows where the technology is leading to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hmmmm... Something to hide from someone eh?????? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A-Trak wrote: »
    Osmos is down to 79c. (Think it was 3.99 before)

Bloody brilliant immersive game, just lost the last 2 hrs to it. 79c well spent.

For anyone who missed this - Osmos is the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I just received an email from a guy with an attached excel sheet he wants me to fill in and return.

Is there a way this can be done on iPhone? I'm hoping there is an app..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

There is, Office2 [that should be a squared sign, but I can't find superscript here]. €4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Have done my research but came up with a blank on TV players for here.
    Which one will give me the UK + Irish channels?

Have heard mixed reviews on TVUPlayer

Anyone using one that WORKS??

TIA

Seadeuce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

is there a lemmings game does anyone know???

• Registered Users Posts: 39,394 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

barryd09 wrote: »
    The miners in chile reminding you of your youth? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

barryd09 wrote: »

try chicks, very similar. free trial version too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 constix

Anyone know a good ringtone app?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

darsar wrote: »
    Do you mean the first two lines of the conversation popping up on your screen when a text comes in? If so that's can be done in settings. I don't know about an app to hide conversations.

I think iBlacklist is what you need! Only available on jailbroken phone from Cydia. Trial version allows you to add up to two numbers and configure whether their calls/messages are displayed or not. It will give you a discreet icon on the top bar to inform you that you have a massage or missed call from a number programmed into iBlacklist.
    Not that I've used it. Sure why would I need that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Game Dev Story

iTunes Linky
    Addictive game.Feel kind of sad that with the amount of time I put into this app I probably could have learned how to make a real game myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Anyone got any recommendations for a good money mangement / tracking / budgeting app.

There seems to be 100s of them out there but the majority of them are badly laid out etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

thewools wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for a good money mangement / tracking / budgeting app.

There seems to be 100s of them out there but the majority of them are badly laid out etc...
    iXpensit is not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Anyone know a good free rss reader app? Preferabley one that you can use with multiple rss streams in one window like google reader. Problem I find with google reader is that once you open a full article it opens a new safari tab and then u have tobscroll back to find the main reader page whereas with an app u cud use activator to switch quickly between app and safari

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im liking 'free rss reader' - price is right if you wanna give it a try

pretty bad reviews for some reason (only checked app store there to see what its full name is - its been on my phone since day 1), but Ive no complaints with it

Advertisement