Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

bucks73 wrote: »
    Thats what I presumed too. Leaving the app turned off and activating it from the website works fine.

How do you activate it from the website. Does the person who receives the message not have to turn on GPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

How do you activate it from the website. Does the person who receives the message not have to turn on GPS?

When you open the message, the app gets activated, which in turn activates GPS, cool stuff...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    When you open the message, the app gets activated, which in turn activates GPS, cool stuff...;)

Ok I stand corrected. If this is true - I have been using it wrong all this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Money off Jamie Oliver meals today. Heard it is good. Also PAC man is down to 79c

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Does anyone else have a dodgy O2 app? Mines not working anymore, I'm new to the iPhone generation but it was working and now it's not, I was thinking because I'm new on the Bill that could be the problem!

Also if you could recommend some must have apps for the n00b :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PeterHughes

Looks like An Post have brought out a new app

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/an-post-mobile/id399791956?mt=8

Might be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

watch flash videos, skyfire browser converts video to html5

http://www.skyfire.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Capcom Arcade has been released and you can download for free at the moment and play it 3 times a day for free. Will be releasing more games by the looks of it also but for now they have SFII, Ghouls & Ghosts and 1942.

Not downloaded yet because Im in work and it is bigger than 20MB so will give it a bash later and report on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 My Back Pages

Yrag2E wrote: »
    watch flash videos, skyfire browser converts video to html5

http://www.skyfire.com/

Website says they are 'sold out'. Was taken down after 5 hours apparently because they couldn't handle demand

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

skyfire

yeah read that today. Not enough servers to handle the demand. I have it there. It is ok at best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a dodgy O2 app? Mines not working anymore, I'm new to the iPhone generation but it was working and now it's not, I was thinking because I'm new on the Bill that could be the problem!

Also if you could recommend some must have apps for the n00b :cool:

Maybe you need to update it??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Legen_Dary wrote: »
    Maybe you need to update it??

They put out an update yesterday and it's working for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

thewools wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for a good money mangement / tracking / budgeting app.

There seems to be 100s of them out there but the majority of them are badly laid out etc...
    accounts tracker by graham haley is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

loads of great apps recently.

games:

angry birds halloween
    cut the rope
    trainyard (brain wreckingly challenging).

vlc
    think beyond
    entertainment.ie cinema
    red laser
    video jug
    boxee remote

plently there to keep any iphone user happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Just wondering if there's an equivalent to AppShopper, for movies and music? I stumbled over a couple of week-long movie deals for 3.99 etc. but it was entirely accidental. Would love to check price changes as easily as in the one for apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ivanski72

I'm looking for a real shift calendar app that will repeat a standard Irish 4 cycle shift pattern automatically, i.e you add your 4 different weeks and press 'repeat' and it repeats the cycle for as long as you want.
    Not one of those apps that you have to add the shift patterns every month, there are loads of them, waste of time. Bought two apps and tried a few freebies, not up to scratch.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

ivanski72 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a real shift calendar app that will repeat a standard Irish 4 cycle shift pattern automatically, i.e you add your 4 different weeks and press 'repeat' and it repeats the cycle for as long as you want.
    Not one of those apps that you have to add the shift patterns every month, there are loads of them, waste of time. Bought two apps and tried a few freebies, not up to scratch.
    Thanks
    google calendar and snyc with iPhone - I've had my shift on it a couple of yrs now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is Sky Walker out for iphone 4 yet cant find it anywhere

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Hi. I'm looking for a working North America Gps app. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bazscott

mickstupp wrote: »
    Just wondering if there's an equivalent to AppShopper, for movies and music? I stumbled over a couple of week-long movie deals for 3.99 etc. but it was entirely accidental. Would love to check price changes as easily as in the one for apps.
    I think thats what Apple are trying to do with their new Ping service, which doesnt seem all that good so far but maybe they'll make it work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 capprygirl

Great thread lads, just got an iphone4 so im new to whole apps etc gives some great ideas......i'm officially hooked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

loads of great apps recently.

games:

angry birds halloween
    cut the rope
    trainyard (brain wreckingly challenging).

vlc
    think beyond
    entertainment.ie cinema
    red laser
    video jug
    boxee remote

plently there to keep any iphone user happy.

Good list

Also add Stumbleupon app. Great when you're bored and don't know what to look up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

anyone know a good app that will let you keep track of how many sms your sending and call minutes usage etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

o2 have an app called my account, not sure if theres one for the other providers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Cut the rope annoys the hell outta me! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Infinidock FTW !

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

anyone know a good app that will let you keep track of how many sms your sending and call minutes usage etc?

Consume

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

thanks Rebeve. Your a king among men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iCabbi

jimbling wrote: »
    Wow, what a great idea.....
    I'm in Cork so cant try it yet. Please let me know when it is opening in my area.

Launched today in Dublin & Cork and building taxi numbers all the time (so please be patient if you can't get one the first time of use). Our viral video has had over a thousand views in a day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YcesQXBC58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

rebeve wrote: »
    Consume

Doesnt seem to support Three Ireland though... :(

Hopefully soon!!

Advertisement