Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

are there any apps out there that would do this i seen it on a friends phone (not an iphone) my iphones not jailbroken! or mybe not into a spam box but somewhere other than inbox. where you wouldnt have to look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Why don't you want to view your SMS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

talkin wrote: »
    are there any apps out there that would do this i seen it on a friends phone (not an iphone) my iphones not jailbroken! or mybe not into a spam box but somewhere other than inbox. where you wouldnt have to look at it

iblacklist - jailbreak required

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is there an app to lock your messages or certain apps? I had madvlock but thats not available anymore. Jailbroken 3GS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dunner1234

Does anyone know about the Kodak App for connecting to a wireless printer on the iPhone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

"Whatsapp" users...

im using the iphone 4,just got the whatsapp app today,its really good,will save me a fortune on international texting (& texting in general) but just one flaw i can see so far...i need to have my phone "awake" to receive messages through Whatsapp.In other words if my phone is locked/asleep etc i dont get notified that ive received a message.

all my push settings are turned on for Whatsapp,is that it,is that how it works?i need to unlock/wake my phone to be alerted for msgs?or is there a way of alerting me just like when i get an SMS?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm almost certain I get a notification if my phone is just sitting asleep on my desk.

Are you sure everything is turned on in "Chat Settings" from within the Whatsapp settings?

Dades wrote: »
    I'm almost certain I get a notification if my phone is just sitting asleep on my desk.

Are you sure everything is turned on in "Chat Settings" from within the Whatsapp settings?

Yup,just checked there,all settings are switched to ON.
    im def not getting an SMS type alert when i get a msg but as soon as i unlock/awake my phone i instantly get all the msgs then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Maybe re-install it. I definitely get a notification when I get a message, on wifi, 3g and EDGE

Dodge wrote: »
    Maybe re-install it. I definitely get a notification when I get a message, on wifi, 3g and EDGE

Yup,a reinstall worked for me.No flaws now!savage app!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭BuyingorSelling

Anyone got an app that allows you access locked Wifi networks so that you can access internet such as in hotels etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyone got an app that allows you access locked Wifi networks so that you can access internet such as in hotels etc

lol..seeing that most of them change the password on a daily basis you could be there for hours if not weeks trying to break the passwords :)
    Probably easier to sneak a peek at someone checking in ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There was an app that could hack into eircom routers passwords to use the wifi, is there anything still out there like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Mr Moon wrote: »
    There was an app that could hack into eircom routers passwords to use the wifi, is there anything still out there like that?

DessID. Think that's still there but just works on an official capacity now. Havn't heard of anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I use Dessid and it works fine. Don't know what you mean about "official capacity"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jarvis wrote: »
    I use Dessid and it works fine. Don't know what you mean about "official capacity"???

Do you not have to check a box when you open the app saying that your not going to use it illegally and to rape someones broadband that you wouldnt other have any right to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

I've downloaded the app and bought this weeks Sunday Times.
    Download time was a bit slow but once down wow
    One of the best apps out there, excellent layout, easy to read. very nicely done. and it's cheaper than buying the paper itself

Only gripe is that they don't include Irish News (or tv channels in the TV guide section)

If they sorted this out I'd buy it every week, but until then the paper version it is

Use it for the purpose intended. They had to change the way the app worked due to people illegally using it to hack into other peoples wireless networks. Now it only works in an official capacity.

I have two versions of Dessid. The latest and the original. The original let's you scan to find the wifi. The latest makes you type in the ssid. Both work. I've never had to tick any boxes or agree terms. Is it because I'm jailbroken that I don't need to do this?

I have two versions of Dessid. The latest and the original. The original let's you scan to find the wifi. The latest makes you type in the ssid. Both work. I've never had to tick any boxes or agree terms. Is it because I'm jailbroken that I don't need to do this?

Not sure. I'm jailbroken as well and have the latest version installed. To be fair I havn't used it in a while so it could work fine. It might also be that having the original downloaded through installous lets you still use the hacking aspect of it. I thought it had been taken out of the newer updates but I could very well be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

For sleep cycle pro does the phone actually have to be on the bed while your asleep or could it be on a bedside locker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    For sleep cycle pro does the phone actually have to be on the bed while your asleep or could it be on a bedside locker?

In the bed so that it can detect your movement

I used hhis for a while but found it unuseful. Once turned on it assumes you're asleep once you're lying still. So it reports a longer sleep period than I actually had.

I used hhis for a while but found it unuseful. Once turned on it assumes you're asleep once you're lying still. So it reports a longer sleep period than I actually had.

Thats cos your supposed to put it on as soon as your about to go to sleep. Thats what i found anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

For those with American iTunes accounts, Heytell is great.

Basically a walkie talkie between yourself and a mate. Hold screen and speak. Let go and then it's sent straight to your friends phone. They get an alert if app isn't open.

Talk back and forth, I suppose a good alternative to sending a text you don't want to type or have the trouble of leaving a voicemail..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats cos your supposed to put it on as soon as your about to go to sleep. Thats what i found anyway.

yep..I found that after using it for a week I could see from it that the mornings where I felt tired were the ones where I didn't sleep well so it does track pretty well.
    I used to set it for about 20 minutes earlier than my alarm clock so as to give me plenty of time to wake up and found that that the mornings it did wake me within that timeframe was the ones I felt the freshest as well.

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    yep..I found that after using it for a week I could see from it that the mornings where I felt tired were the ones where I didn't sleep well so it does track pretty well.
    I used to set it for about 20 minutes earlier than my alarm clock so as to give me plenty of time to wake up and found that that the mornings it did wake me within that timeframe was the ones I felt the freshest as well.

Totally agree.
    Its a great app. When i first used it because i was conscious that it was there i seemed to have a crap sleep. After a little while it just became really like second nature.
    I found that i would awake at night and be fairly tired, look at my clock without moving then sleep again, it would know that i woke even though i tried my best not to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I can't find this sleep cycle pro (or even non pro version)...

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I can't find this sleep cycle pro (or even non pro version)...

Sleep cycle alarm clock.
    Orange icon with a white clock image. 4 and a half stars.

Theres no pro/non pro version. Well worth it at 79c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

CMpunked wrote: »
    Sleep cycle alarm clock.
    Orange icon with a white clock image. 4 and a half stars.

Theres no pro/non pro version. Well worth it at 79c.

Got it cheers. Had €23 in credit left on iTunes store :p

Advertisement