Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I can't find a decent price comparison app for people based in Ireland, is there one or is this yet another example of us being exploited

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

donfers wrote: »
    I can't find a decent price comparison app for people based in Ireland, is there one or is this yet another example of us being exploited

How is this another example of us being exploited?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Hi there, looking for some help on getting the battery percentage left up at the top beside the battery, i've downloaded a few apps that are meant to do it off Cydia but when i click them on on winterboard they're just not showing up, same with changing the background of my keypad actually.

It's an iPhone4 by the way, any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Hi there, looking for some help on getting the battery percentage left up at the top beside the battery, i've downloaded a few apps that are meant to do it off Cydia but when i click them on on winterboard they're just not showing up, same with changing the background of my keypad actually.

It's an iPhone4 by the way, any help much appreciated.

You don't need an app

Go to Settings> General> Usage and then at top is battery percentage

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Dodge wrote: »
    You don't need an app

Go to Settings> General> Usage and then at top is battery percentage

Jesus that's poor even by my standards, just read that and came on to delete that post, cheers anyway man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

iDaft!!

Its amazing, and free :) You get the beat for technologic and harder better faster stronger, and you slap in the words yourself via touching them! Oooh im in love with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

My latest game addiction is "Bulls i" its a darts game and it's excellent. Would love an update with more levels and online play.
    Still fairly hooked on Sniper vs Sniper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Is there any easy way of finding out whether an app idea already exists? Posting them all over the internet doesn't seem very logical.

EDIT: Are custom passcode systems allowed on the marketplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Liking Bulls i, nice recommendation.

Flying Hamster is excellent if you're into shoot em ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Just wondering is there an app to play music on my car stereo using a Bluetooth connection? The FM transmitters are terrible.

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something but you don't need an app. If you pair your phone with the stereo and then play music through the default iPod app you should see the airplay icon - image below is from an iPad I think, but its the same icon.

ios42gmairplay-400x228.png

Tap it and it should have sources listed as 'iPhone' and 'car stereo name'. In my case it's called Xplod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭j_lennon18

Mirror's Edge is back on sale for 79c for today only. Decent game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Danbo! wrote: »
    Tap it and it should have sources listed as 'iPhone' and 'car stereo name'. In my case it's called Xplod.
    I have that too - Sony Stereo?

No app required, OP - just that your phone is "paired". Then the option appears in the iPod controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

DiscoChats wrote: »
    Whats the story with skyfire?is it worth a purchase?
    I see rte player isnt supported,what IS supported?
    Would love to see/know some of the sites showing football supported (atdhe.net in particular)

Try Justin.tv app i watched football all the time when im working i'd be lost without it. it cost 4 euro

Dades wrote: »
    I have that too - Sony Stereo?

Yeah, nice setup alright, phone pairs when you hop in and you just hit play. iOS 4.2 allows skip forward and back etc from the unit so the phone stay in your pocket the while time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DiscoChats

keithzer wrote: »
    Try Justin.tv app i watched football all the time when im working i'd be lost without it. it cost 4 euro

i have the justin.tv app and it was free?where did you pay €4 for it??
    also have used it loads of times for football matches and its usually just stills of previous games with a web address where the game is supposedly been shown...:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I wasn't aware the iPhone 4.2 could by linked to your car stereo? I've tried this tonight but cant seem to see any extra/new links to connect.

The bluetooth is connected as normal and calls are going thru but when I click play on a song it doesn't come thru.

bc dub wrote: »
    I wasn't aware the iPhone 4.2 could by linked to your car stereo? I've tried this tonight but cant seem to see any extra/new links to connect.

The bluetooth is connected as normal and calls are going thru but when I click play on a song it doesn't come thru.

What type is stereo is it? Mine has 5 modes - cd, tuner, aux in, bt phone and bt music. To listen to music I set it to bt music, and if you hit the airplay button on the phone choose the stereo rather than the phone. With 4.2 for some reason when you switch from phone to stereo the volume level defaults to zero. Before 4.2 you could only control volume on the stereo, so perhaps double check the volume level on the phone?

Thanks, I'll check the functionality on the stereo more tomorrow.

But I didnt see any airplay button on the phone. Nothing similar to the pic on the previous page either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

DiscoChats wrote: »
    i have the justin.tv app and it was free?where did you pay €4 for it??
    also have used it loads of times for football matches and its usually just stills of previous games with a web address where the game is supposedly been shown...:mad::mad:

just use veetle.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Digits Calculator for iPhone, iPod touch - today only at iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/digits-calculator-for-ipad/id364500115?mt=8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Surprised to see no big list in the OP - just got my iPhone, been scrolling through and found some great recs, but that's a lot of pages! Anyone got a link to a good list of cool apps? I'm like a kid in a toy store right now tbh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The Sunday Times last weekend (19th Feb) had a dedicated section to 500 apps covering a range of categories. See if you can get your hands on it.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk is a good source too.

Pa.

I really enjoy the Bulls i 3d game as mentioned a page or two ago. The lite version is free but ends quickly. The main game is €2.79 which in iApp terms is a bit pricey...

Back to the car stereo syncing, it doesnt work on my car. I've tried everything. I can accept the fact that it may be my car stereo, BUT, I still cant see any option on the phone where it asks/requests/enables it to be sync'ed to a car stereo.

bc dub wrote: »
    I really enjoy the Bulls i 3d game as mentioned a page or two ago. The lite version is free but ends quickly. The main game is €2.79 which in iApp terms is a bit pricey...

Back to the car stereo syncing, it doesnt work on my car. I've tried everything. I can accept the fact that it may be my car stereo, BUT, I still cant see any option on the phone where it asks/requests/enables it to be sync'ed to a car stereo.

You'll only see the airplay icon if youre paired with a device which can pull audio from the phone. Your stereo can probably only get phone calls. Plenty of devices can act as a bluetooth headset, but the technology to pull audio in stereo is only available on some stereos/wireless headphones etc.

If you ever want to get a compatible stereo, The necessary technology is called a2dp.

Could anyone recommend a good timetable app? It's for college.

Ideally it'd be one that would click directly open onto the timetable itself, and that has extra info easily readable (as in, lecture location, lecturer etc.)

Could anyone recommend a good timetable app? It's for college.

Ideally it'd be one that would click directly open onto the timetable itself, and that has extra info easily readable (as in, lecture location, lecturer etc.)

"Classes - timetable" seems good from a quick search, seems to tick all the boxes you're after.

Danbo! wrote: »
    "Classes - timetable" seems good from a quick search, seems to tick all the boxes you're after.

Just downloaded it, absolute spot on, perfect! Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

It might have been mentioned before, but Tiny Wings is amazing!

It's by far one of the most enjoyable games I've ever downloaded and at 79c well worth the price.

App Store Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Just tried it out there, it reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Angry Bird Seasons are releasing a Paddys day level... queue the cheesy music!!

Advertisement