Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

A paddys day level?
    Should it not be a set of levels? Valentines day got 3 sets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Just wondering is there an app to play music on my car stereo using a Bluetooth connection? The FM transmitters are terrible.

If your stereo is bluetooth enabled you should (I think) be able to scan for bluetooth devices, connect to the stereo via the bluetooth settings, and then when you play back music there is an icon on the playback screen that allows you to choose to play via speaker or A2DP. Choose A2DP and off you go.

If anyone knows how to do this with a bluetooth handsfree kit pls let me know.... I can connect but not get the sound to come out of the car speakers, v annoying :mad:

Anyone able to get latest release books on iBooks?
    Looks like only classics available but I'm probably doing something simple wrong

itunes book store waste of time in Ireland. Get Kindle app on Amazon and access amazons ebook store through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

got iTimelapse Pro for free today.
    Works really well,its was 99c for a while but seems to be free now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I wish people coming on telling us about an app they got would tell us what the app does, it would save me time looking up something I'm not interested in ;)

• Advertisement

barryd09 wrote: »
    got iTimelapse Pro for free today.
    Works really well,its was 99c for a while but seems to be free now

Not anymore. Dunno why they are charging for it. Doesnt look that useful.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I wish people coming on telling us about an app they got would tell us what the app does, it would save me time looking up something I'm not interested in ;)

Well i am just so so sorry ive wasted that 3 seconds of your life that it took to copy & paste iTimelapse pro into google.
    CMpunked wrote: »
    Not anymore. Dunno why they are charging for it. Doesnt look that useful.

It does exactly what it says,takes timelapse pictures.
    Useful for taking timelapse photos & videos,not useful for everything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvhbIEYR4tk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWEmLhpr6w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

if it's free, it's ad driven ~ probably not worth the bother tbh.

I'm in the precess of deleting all ad driven apps

gbee wrote: »
    if it's free, it's ad driven ~ probably not worth the bother tbh.

I'm in the precess of deleting all ad driven apps

its not ad driven.

it was €1.59 for a while,then they dropped it to 99c while they were fixing some issues with it,i just spotted it as a freebie yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

its not ad driven.

it was €1.59 for a while,then they dropped it to 99c while they were fixing some issues with it,i just spotted it as a freebie yesterday.

It's not free today seemingly, or I've just looked at a different app. What's its full name please and thanks.

• Advertisement

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/itimelapse-pro-time-lapse/id335866860?mt=8

I do see it 79c today,was 110% free yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They paid you 8c to download it?

It does exactly what it says,takes timelapse pictures.
    Useful for taking timelapse photos & videos,not useful for everything else.

It sounds cool and all. And well made, judging by the pics.
    But i cant see anyone using this on a daily basis. Its one of those "Oh Oh! Look at this app i got, its really cool."
    And then after a few times its never used again.
    Most free video editing suites have this function anyway. So if it was needed for something, it wouldnt be too hard to replicate.

So they gave you 7.9c to download it?
    badum-tish.jpg

It sounds cool and all. And well made, judging by the pics.
    But i cant see anyone using this on a daily basis. Its one of those "Oh Oh! Look at this app i got, its really cool."
    And then after a few times its never used again.
    Most free video editing suites have this function anyway. So if it was needed for something, it wouldnt be too hard to replicate.

So they gave you 7.9c to download it?

I see your point on people who might use it once but for people into photography its pretty cool.
    Timelapse photography is class,not everyone can afford an expensive camera to try it out for themselves.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If anyone knows how to do this with a bluetooth handsfree kit pls let me know.... I can connect but not get the sound to come out of the car speakers, v annoying :mad:
    Basic handsfree kits probably don't allow stereo (A2DP) streaming of music. You need a suitable headunit.

I have a Sony BT stereo in my car that allows A2DP music streaming, but have a handsfree kit in the familywagon that only allows BT calls through the standard stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

I see your point on people who might use it once but for people into photography its pretty cool.
    Timelapse photography is class,not everyone can afford an expensive camera to try it out for themselves.
    Most of the reviews say it doesn't work.

Dades wrote: »
    Basic handsfree kits probably don't allow stereo (A2DP) streaming of music. You need a suitable headunit.

I have a Sony BT stereo in my car that allows A2DP music streaming, but have a handsfree kit in the familywagon that only allows BT calls through the standard stereo.

its a bury handsfree system and it does have the option of connecting A2DP. Just for some reason it wont...:(

Wudyaquit wrote: »
    Most of the reviews say it doesn't work.

it works for me (and a good few others)
    its actually really easy to use too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

how can i get uber social? ccant see it in appstore

Anyone get Tiny Wings yet?
    Tiny wings app store
    All the comments are pretty positive, but it looks kinda.. basic.

• Advertisement

is there anything other than "vlc remote" to control vlc?
    the full version is €3.99,not sure i want to pay that really.
    any alternatives?

is there anything other than "vlc remote" to control vlc?
    the full version is €3.99,not sure i want to pay that really.
    any alternatives?

There's a vlc mocha lite?
    I think €3.99 is a decent price for what you get. I had the lite as it gives you a good indication of how well the app works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Tiny wings app store

Very simple to play, great game. Can be frustrating as hell though. Never felt the same way about a game before, play a few rounds, get frustrated and close the app thinking "this is stupid" only to reopen the app within minutes and have another go. I can't seem to get beyond 98,000 in it, really wanna get to the 100,000 mark!!!

Basically you're a bird with tiny wings trying to fly. You hit the screen to go weigh yourself down and head into the hills. Hit the hill at the right spot in the downhill and release as its going uphill and you go far, hit the hill at the wrong spot and it'll slow you right down. You have to get as far as possible before the sun goes down, picking up points for perfect slides and hitting the clouds etc... It probably sounds rubbish from that description but it's a very well put together game, looks and sounds great, simple to learn and an absolute bastard to master.

There's a vlc mocha lite?
    I think €3.99 is a decent price for what you get. I had the lite as it gives you a good indication of how well the app works.

i saw another app called Rowmote,controls a load of stuff,you have to run a helper though,on a mac.
    im on a pc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Tiny wings app store

I was gonna get that yesterday:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Any good apps for tracking packages through an post ?

I'd HIGHLY recommend TrackThis. Not used the iPhone app myself as I'm an Android man. However I use their service via Twitter and it is BRILLIANT! Updates regularly and when I received my new camera lens today I received a message on Twitter no more than 10 seconds afterwards to say it was delivered.

LINK: http://www.usetrackthis.com/iphone

ARGH sorry, just realised you were after one for An Post. This probably doesn't cater for it but still, great if you're using couriers or awaiting mail from abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

This sounds like a great App. We7 are to launch a personalised radio App, that won't require a Web connection. It is cache everything, and the App will be free. Sounds great for iPod Touch owners:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a307496/we7-launches-new-radio-mobile-app.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've become absolutely addicted to Tiny Wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I've become absolutely addicted to Tiny Wings.

Same here!!

My Feint name is pcarr2000 if anyone wants to add me to compare scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I can't put Tiny Wings down either :D

Advertisement