Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

I have two app queries, wondering if the thread could help:

1. Photo Uploader
    I'm looking for an app that will allow me to upload photos - the likes of imageshack, tinypic etc. but in app form.

I forum (on here and other places) from my iPhone and like the idea of just being able to upload my pics from my phone to a handy app and then post the pics to forums. I don't particularly want a photobucket account that i'll have to register for and it'll keep all of my photos etc. but if that's the best option then it's doable I guess. But I do like the fact that you can upload something to imageshack without needing and account and that.

Any suggestions for a good app to upload photos for the purpose of posting them quickly on forums?

2. Data/Text/Call Usage Tracker
    I'm in my first month as a bill pay customer with vodafone. I'm sure it'll drop once I get over the initial 'ZOMG internet in my pocket!' effect wears off, but I've been using the internet quite a bit. I've got 500mb of data per month and I really don't want to go over this. I know you can check your usage on the vodafone website, but it's awkward to have to check there (often from my phone) every time, plus it's always about 2 or 3 days behind (i.e today it's only showing me usage up until the 6th) and for some reason my data usage is always zero. Same with my calls. So online seems to be only updating my text messaging.

I know the iPhone 4 has the inbuilt 'usage' section in settings, but I don't really want to have to reset this every month to monitor it, and it doesn't give anything like a weekly breakdown and that.
    I found this Dataman app:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dataman-real-time-data-usage/id393282873?mt=8
    Which seems quite good, but I don't want to pay for it if there are better (maybe free!) alternatives out there.

Thanks a million for any help, sorry about the sheer tl;dr-ness of this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I have two app queries, wondering if the thread could help:

1. Photo Uploader
    I'm looking for an app that will allow me to upload photos - the likes of imageshack, tinypic etc. but in app form.

Imageshack have their own app. Its really well made.
    Upload pics straight from your phone.

Please tell me im not the only one eagerly awaiting the angry birds seasons update for paddys day? :D
    (should be out sometime today)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Whatsapp - Anyone having trouble with this app recently?

Last day or two ive been having trouble 'connecting' & sending msgs.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

only began using it again recently but today I
    was having these issues also

• Advertisement

ah right,not just me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Was OK for me yesterday. On 3g with o2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

I've become absolutely addicted to Tiny Wings.

I've completed everything bar scoring 175000 points. The highest I've gotten is 171,000. Gave up a few days ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Guys "hey tell" app is the business best push to talk app out there and best thing is you can get it on android if your friend are not cool enough for iPhone! I use this every day!

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Guys "hey tell" app is the business best push to talk app out there and best thing is you can get it on android if your friend are not cool enough for iPhone! I use this every day!

ya,ive seen it alright,dont know anyone else with it though.

tbh,with Whatsapp installed i dont need anything else really.my units are barely being touched for SMS so it means i have bags full of units for using on calls.
    plus if i really have a heavy month i have eirtext too,cant ever see myself running right down to my last few units like i did when i first got the iPhone when i have Whatsapp installed.

Probably one of the best features of it is its available to iphone,android,nokia and blackberry.
    all round winrar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Anyone know the story with atomic web browser? Read a few reviews online and it sounded good but it doesn't seem to be in the app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Ipads/Iphones are still mobile devices so download mobile versions of software they're available on same location as normal software apps is held. even so Ipad is big and huge accord to apple its still mobile device and comes to down an Ipad is big version of Iphone with extras add to and it drawing tablet capability software built into it.

for if want firefox or opera then download then choose mobile version and then chose ur mobile device

Same goes other Mobile smartphones. Most Mobile smartphones excerpt Iphones are Android which they've Linux Kernel OS and mobile android app is choice for them.

for free video chat, text chat and email try Skype and now Skype is available for mobile users 2.

you import your facebook contacts, email contacts and myspace contacts to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The update to Angry Birds Seasons went live this morning (new St. Patrick's Day themed levels!). There was an update to the regular Angry Birds game too.

Mr E wrote: »
    The update to Angry Birds Seasons went live this morning (new St. Patrick's Day themed levels!). There was an update to the regular Angry Birds game too.

tis feckin' hard!
    I cant get past the 4th level! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone succeed in doing the 10 perfect slides on the first island in Tiny Wing? Any tips? I'm finding it almost impossible.

Anyone succeed in doing the 10 perfect slides on the first island in Tiny Wing? Any tips? I'm finding it almost impossible.

Take it slow and mess up every second slide so as not to start flying too high. The set of challenges im on now is near impossible. The two I cannot get are- reach the 4th island without ANY perfect slides, and stay in fever mode for 34 seconds. Grrrrr. Cant stop playing though!

So i was trying to update angry birds and when i opened it after it updated i seen that all the levels were still the same. Like the next bracket hadnt been opened.
    Without thinking i deleted the app and went to reinstall it again. Like i would do for any game/app that didnt seem like it worked right.

I open the game and to my horror, all my score saves are gone. GC still recognises that i have achievements and that, but im back at the start of the game...
    I done a restore back to earlier on but its still the same.

Can anyone help me, please?
    I dont want to fall out with AB, but i cant bring myself to trying to get to the same height i got to before this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Danbo! wrote: »
    Take it slow and mess up every second slide so as not to start flying too high.
    Just as I said it there, I went back and got it in the first try. Those other challenges sound really hard. :(

I actually dont own Iphone but my friends have them.

• Advertisement

Just as I said it there, I went back and got it in the first try. Those other challenges sound really hard. :(

I just got 33.2 seconds in fever mode, needed 34. Was raging. Tried again but got interrupted by a phone call. When I went back to the game the challenge was marked as complete, and time in fever mode was 166 seconds. So it keeps counting while the game is paused. Nice to have it done but annoying it's a glitch, would have liked to have done it myself.

Danbo! wrote: »
    I just got 33.2 seconds in fever mode, needed 34. Was raging. Tried again but got interrupted by a phone call. When I went back to the game the challenge was marked as complete, and time in fever mode was 166 seconds. So it keeps counting while the game is paused. Nice to have it done but annoying it's a glitch, would have liked to have done it myself.
    I tried this and it didn't work. :confused:

I tried this and it didn't work. :confused:

Hmm bizarre, I've been able to do it again. Finishe the other challenge and been given a new set. Get to the 8th island, get a perfect slide after an island jump 5 times in one game and get to 175,000 points. Gonna be a long night.

i got "skobbler lite" today,a GPS Navigation App.
    The lite version has UK & Ireland maps and the reviews are pretty good!

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/skobbler-uk-ireland-lite-truly/id374083118?mt=8

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

CMpunked wrote: »
    Can anyone help me, please?
    I dont want to fall out with AB, but i cant bring myself to trying to get to the same height i got to before this.
    This happened me before...
    I thought all was lost but after playing a few of the first levels again - all my previous scores appeared and I was (almost) back to where I 'd left off...

Very curious and worrying times!

Dades wrote: »
    This happened me before...
    I thought all was lost but after playing a few of the first levels again - all my previous scores appeared and I was (almost) back to where I 'd left off...

No way! Ive played through about 10 of the first levels not trying to do well, just trying to get through the game.
    Do you remember how many you got to before it worked?
    Id say if i get a better score on some level it might overright my old scores, which are still intact on GC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I didn't know we could buy apps and games in a shop?

Boxfresh wrote: »

Hmm..me too.

Thats a new one.
    Online sales must not be doing as well as you would think.

• Advertisement

Boxfresh wrote: »
    We can't. Either unlocker is mistaken, or it's a scam/piracy.

Advertisement