Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Little tip for tiny wings. To get 34 seconds in fever mode -
    Once you get into fever mode, have a friend call your phone, wait 34 seconds, then they must end the call.
    Just locking the phone for 34 seconds will do the same thing.
    My heads mushed trying to get 175000 and reach island 8, got x5 island slides last night, Didnt even notice i got it. Happy days.
    I got to island 8 no bother and was within 50 points of 175000 before falling asleep. I've tried several times since but can't even get close. I've kinda given up at this stage. It's the final challenge apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

How did you get to island 4 without perfect sliding

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

tinner777 wrote: »
    How did you get to island 4 without perfect sliding

Take it slow. ride it like a roller-coaster.
    Speed coins will work very well too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I found that one very difficult. You need to stay low. Keep tapping. Try to avoid jumps but when you do aim for the top of the hill which should cause you to bounce. When you do land perfectly on the downslope, hold your finger down to stop yourself flying up.

Has Shazam stopped working for anyone else since upgrading to 4.3? I can't get it to work. Tried restarting and deleting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Backbreaker 2 is a phenomenal game, so much fun. The physics of the tackles are very entertaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

I had the HandyMan App and it seemed to be working but €50 credit was hammered out of my account as I went over my download limit?!

Is there any other app that actually works for telling me if I'm going over my download limit?

mfield wrote: »
    I had the HandyMan App and it seemed to be working but €50 credit was hammered out of my account as I went over my download limit?!

Is there any other app that actually works for telling me if I'm going over my download limit?

what network are you?

CMpunked wrote: »
    what network are you?

Vodafone.

Vodafone.

Oh ok. Sorry cant help you out so, i know *113# checks the internet usage on o2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

have you tryed consume? http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/consume/id337064413?mt=8 it tells you how many texts,minutes,and data you have left.

karljd wrote: »
    have you tryed consume? http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/consume/id337064413?mt=8 it tells you how many texts,minutes,and data you have left.

Does it work for prepay though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

+1for consume

Does it work for prepay though?
    I'm not sure,but it's no harm giving it a go as it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Has Shazam stopped working for anyone else since upgrading to 4.3? I can't get it to work. Tried restarting and deleting.

Working perfectly for me on iPhone 4 iOS4.3
    Shazam version 3.3.1

I'm not sure,but it's no harm giving it a go as it's free.

Yeah thanks for that, I downloaded it and unfortunately it doesn't work for Prepay, only Postpay.

All a bit of a joke really as there's now way to tell how much of your Vodafone 360 daily allowance is left. Not even Vodafone themselves can tell you?!

As a result of this I lost 50 euro credit last week. Some joke!

Just downloaded this, looks like a cool app but it doesn't work with '3 Ireland' or with prepay on any Irish Network.

Yeah thanks for that, I downloaded it and unfortunately it doesn't work for Prepay, only Postpay.

All a bit of a joke really as there's now way to tell how much of your Vodafone 360 daily allowance is left. Not even Vodafone themselves can tell you?!

As a result of this I lost 50 euro credit last week. Some joke!
    That's a joke allright, Can you not just text "surf" to 50233?

gartcork wrote: »
    Just downloaded this, looks like a cool app but it doesn't work with '3 Ireland' or with prepay on any Irish Network.
    That's a pity as it is a great ap,must have saved me a good few bob at this stage.

Just noticed that the Flight Watch app doesn't work on 4.3 ( maybe earlier versions too) and also it's not available in the app store anymore. Pity, it was a very handy app :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

gartcork wrote: »
    Just noticed that the Flight Watch app doesn't work on 4.3 ( maybe earlier versions too) and also it's not available in the app store anymore. Pity, it was a very handy app :(

Not working for me either. I'm on 4.2. :confused: I'm trying to remember how much I paid for it :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

CMpunked wrote: »
    Oh ok. Sorry cant help you out so, i know *113# checks the internet usage on o2.

Anymore numbers for cheking stuff like this on O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    What's the difference between JellySMS Lite and JellySMS?

Jelly SMS full has delivery reports (for O2 users), doesn't contain adverts, doesn't append 'Sent by Jelly SMS' to each message and lets you use multiple profiles.

Also, another little feature coming in a day or two just for the full version...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

..and finally they have a cool jellybean icon for the app. long overdue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Jelly SMS full has delivery reports (for O2 users), doesn't contain adverts, doesn't append 'Sent by Jelly SMS' to each message and lets you use multiple profiles.

Also, another little feature coming in a day or two just for the full version...

Downloaded the full version the other day anyway, very happy with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For Angry Birds fans out there, Angry Birds Rio came out last night.

Its a new game with updated graphics and interface, great level design (you're freeing birds instead of killing pigs) and lots of achievements, secrets, 60 levels (more to come), €0.79 etc. etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Mr E wrote: »
    For Angry Birds fans out there, Angry Birds Rio came out last night.

Its a new game with updated graphics and interface, great level design (you're freeing birds instead of killing pigs) and lots of achievements, secrets, 60 levels (more to come), €0.79 etc. etc.

Still working on the original at the mo lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

I've downloaded and installed Consume, and it's a nice little app.
    It doesn't seem to be very accurate though...at least not for me.

According to MyMeteor, I have 116 minutes, 116 texts, and 580mb of data left until April 9th.
    According to Consume though, I have 84 minutes, 84 texts, and 444mb of data.

The figures seem too exact to be a random error.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mymeteor shows what you have left for the month whereas consume shows you what you have used. I been using consume for about 6 months now and I find it very accurate. I reset that data counter on phone every month also and it always tallies with consume.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    I've downloaded and installed Consume, and it's a nice little app.
    It doesn't seem to be very accurate though...at least not for me.

According to MyMeteor, I have 116 minutes, 116 texts, and 580mb of data left until April 9th.
    According to Consume though, I have 84 minutes, 84 texts, and 444mb of data.

The figures seem too exact to be a random error.
    That's because your looking at it the wrong way round:)

Advertisement