Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

Free app well worth getting IMO:

Organ Donor eCard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Wheaven wrote: »
    I have an Iphone 4, and was wondering what is the best App to use for taking pictures at night as when i use the regular camera, the flash at night is just too bright and the photos come out all white or blurred, but in low light they sometimes are surrounded by red.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Took a photo in a darkly lit place which came out as you described but after I ran it through Camera+ I was very impressed with the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

BrianJD wrote: »
    I know I'll get ripped about the paper but the free downloads of the Sun newspaper is excellent on the App. I think it's free for 30 days.

Also 3 free editions of some big magazines on Zinio.

please have a small read

http://dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

dan185 wrote: »
    please have a small read

I am a Sun reader. I cannot read. Can you help me with some of the words and stuff

Does app have page 3 girls and coupons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Take it to the humanities forum imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Dont buy the sun??

Pffft....please.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

dan185 wrote: »
    please have a small read

Top Man,its beyond me how any Irishman can buy this rightwing British lying rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Alright folks, back on topic please.

here here!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

so I just got a macbook.

Is there any apps that work in sync with the macbook i should know about. i remember a buddy of mine could do some things such as use their phone as a wireless mouse, control music playing on their laptop, thru their phone and a few other ones. unfortunately I dont see/talk to him anymore so all help greatly appreciate.

I dont think mobileMe is really worth the subscription, for me. Or does anyone swear by it?

• Advertisement

bc dub wrote: »
    so I just got a macbook.

Is there any apps that work in sync with the macbook i should know about. i remember a buddy of mine could do some things such as use their phone as a wireless mouse, control music playing on their laptop, thru their phone and a few other ones. unfortunately I dont see/talk to him anymore so all help greatly appreciate.

I dont think mobileMe is really worth the subscription, for me. Or does anyone swear by it?

Remote Mouse Server works as if your phone is a mouse on a pc/mac screen.
    Also Apple Remote lets you control your itunes from your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

cool. and what a out being able to control uTorrent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Don't think there are any torrent apps on the app store, but you can control a lot of clients through a web browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ChuChu Rocket is free today... makes me want to dust off the dreamcast this weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

bc dub wrote: »
    cool. and what a out being able to control uTorrent?

I haven't used uTorrent in a few years but there was a mobile interface developed for it that worked real nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Has anyone else gotten the latest Facebook app update?
    It seems to be the worst update so far, constantly crashing, not loading etc.
    :(

CMpunked wrote: »

I have it but no complaints from my end yet.Hasnt crashed at all for me.
    Maybe reinstall?

barryd09 wrote: »
    I have it but no complaints from my end yet.Hasnt crashed at all for me.
    Maybe reinstall?

Good idea, ill give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

jester77 wrote: »
    ChuChu Rocket is free today... makes me want to dust off the dreamcast this weekend :)

Comes up as €2-39 ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

All the Cave shooters are on sale at the moment. I'm not even going to attempt to type their names, but they seem decent enough!

• Advertisement

some people might be interested in this...works for ipod touch,iphone and ipad.

http://appredeem.com/

get paid to download and install apps...mind you the free apps are only worth $0.15 each and the apps are pretty awful,but still,you get paid for nothing.i think the stipulation is that you download the app and open it in 10mins,leave a short review (EDIT - NO REVIEW REQUIRED)

you get paid into your paypal account,ive already earned a whopping $0.30 at it!
    im going to call work monday morning first thing and tell them im leaving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Star Walk is on sale for only 79c at the moment, down from €2.39. Brilliant app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

hey, i cant find the official youtube app, itunes is coming back with loads of best of youtube, youtube junkii etc. anyone know where i can get it :confused:

sonic.trip wrote: »
    hey, i cant find the official youtube app, itunes is coming back with loads of best of youtube, youtube junkii etc. anyone know where i can get it :confused:

the official app was preinstalled on my phone when i got it. You could have it hidden.

Go into settings>general>Restrictions and if it is "Off" , turn it on and it should be on your homepage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

the official app was preinstalled on my phone when i got it. You could have it hidden.

Go into settings>general>Restrictions and if it is "Off" , turn it on and it should be on your homepage.

stupid me, really hungover and just got the iphone yesterday :rolleyes: thanks

The Appzilla apps...

Theres about a million apps (not really) in it but one in particular caught my eye....Passcode Any App.

Anyone have any idea if its as described?Cant see any reviews for that app in particular.

The Appzilla apps...

Theres about a million apps (not really) in it but one in particular caught my eye....Passcode Any App.

Anyone have any idea if its as described?Cant see any reviews for that app in particular.

Nevermind,complete waste of money...I really should have known better with this rubbish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Mine has been perfect since I updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

you get paid into your paypal account,ive already earned a whopping $0.30 at it!
    im going to call work monday morning first thing and tell them im leaving.

Don't do that!

$0.30 isn't much money at all. You can't really buy anything with it. You earn way more than that in your current job.

You'll really regret it if you leave your job for $0.30!

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't do that!

$0.30 isn't much money at all. You can't really buy anything with it. You earn way more than that in your current job.

You'll really regret it if you leave your job for $0.30!

Too late,Im in this full time now!!

Advertisement