Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

May have been listed already, but there is a Luas App out. Tells you when the next one is due...apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Any good reminder apps?
    I really dislike the default iphone calender and could do with an alternative.

Also,free standalone GPS/Sat nav apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Barry sometimes I use Evernote as a reminder app

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Any apps for the snooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Beyond Ynth (and Beyond Ynth HD for ipad) are free today.
    Clever little platform puzzler....

• Advertisement

bc dub wrote: »
    Barry sometimes I use Evernote as a reminder app

Im using "Alarmed" its free and does exactly what i want.
    cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,398 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Any apps for the snooker?
    Prob easiest to do to sport and check for new aps, or search or check the sky sports app

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mr E wrote: »
    Beyond Ynth (and Beyond Ynth HD for ipad) are free today.
    Clever little platform puzzler....

What a challenging game, nice one Mr E. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Mellor wrote: »
    Prob easiest to do to sport and check for new aps, or search or check the sky sports app

Yeah, I was hoping there was an app that would send push notifications after each frame and such, ah well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Tiger Woods 12 only €0.79 at the moment for the iPhone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey anyone know is there an alternative to phonalyzer for android on the iphone? It tracks phone usage, incoming/outgoing calls etc? Seems really handy but can't find it or an alternative anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Just wondering is there any app available that allows you to text unlimited free sms messages to phones that don't have the app?
    I'm thinking of going with 3's €40 a month deal but I am used to my unlimited free texts with my PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

Could someone suggest a data app that doesn't suck, i need it to tell me my daily usage as i'm payg and i'd love something that could disable my mobile data automatically when i use 40mb or so, i'm on Meteor and just got stung for 18 euro in a second or 2, i'm generally really good with it but my stupid hungover state this morning i left the brain switched off while looking at Youtube.

Free or paid doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Time, try Eirtext or Eirtext Pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Time, try Eirtext or Eirtext Pro.

Thanks for that, this app lets you use your 3 webtexts to text all phones is it?

Is there any apps available in Ireland that do this without using free webtexts? In otherwords unlimited texts? I know a few available in the USA such as google voice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POOLEYDOOLEY

hi would anyone know how to send an mms on iphone 4 ?? Do i need to get an app first to allow me to send and receive picture messages, i beleive this is a common enough problem,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

hi would anyone know how to send an mms on iphone 4 ?? Do i need to get an app first to allow me to send and receive picture messages, i beleive this is a common enough problem,

Just start a SMS as normal and attach the picture (click on the camera icon next to it) if no camera icon go to settings, messages and enable it from there.

I think your provider also needs to enable MMS in their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 POOLEYDOOLEY

Thanks for that, had tried that before but it didnt work, but now it does!!! head not melted anymore

Have to do a bit of travelling over the weekend.i need some recomendations for games.
    No Tiny Wings of Angry Birds though...how do the SimCity games stand up?
    Never played one on the PC,would they be much good on the iPhone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

barryd09 wrote: »
    Have to do a bit of travelling over the weekend.i need some recomendations for games.
    No Tiny Wings of Angry Birds though...how do the SimCity games stand up?
    Never played one on the PC,would they be much good on the iPhone?

Have you played Bejeweled? It's the only game that I play on my iPhone

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »

No i havent played that.will look it up when i get a chance.Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Got the donedeal app last night, very handy for looking for my new car :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

BDJW wrote: »

+1 super game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Got the photosynth app a few days ago and been having a load of fun with it.
    It's a panoramic photo app, it's free and very easy to use.
    One word of advice would be not to use it if your low on battery!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm sure it's been posted. But Viber is a must have. You get free calls and text to anyone that has it installed. It also lets you know who has it installed so you can text/call them

and it's free, If you know a few people with iphone.. tell them to get it.. saves on credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Does anyone know an App for listening to UK football on match day ?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Er... Never, it's Viber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 reddivil

i'm reluctant to get Viber.

for one, none of my friends have the iphone so its kinda pointless..

how am i sure that my messages and calls or contacts are not being recorded by the application?

i could research this but i'm hoping someone can save me the effort..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

reddivil wrote: »
    i'm reluctant to get Viber.

for one, none of my friends have the iphone so its kinda pointless..

how am i sure that my messages and calls or contacts are not being recorded by the application?

i could research this but i'm hoping someone can save me the effort..
    Apple is your friend here. It's an official app from their store, while lots of people complain about the control they have over available apps, it does mean you can rest easy about installing them. If it were to record anything, it would have to ask permission or else Apple wouldn't allow it in the store.

Edit: Just to clarify, it does make a copy within the app on your phone, but it would need permission if it were to want to send that information back to developers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Time Out travel guides are free at the moment, cities included are Sydney, Melbourne, London, Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Zagreb, and Things To Do: London

Advertisement