Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

NeVeR wrote: »
    Does anyone know an App for listening to UK football on match day ?
    I downloaded TuneIn Radio the other day, it defo has 5 Live on it, but I haven't tried it out during a game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

kellsred wrote: »
    I downloaded TuneIn Radio the other day, it defo has 5 Live on it, but I haven't tried it out during a game yet.

Pretty sure it region blocks you once live coverage starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

keane2097 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it region blocks you once live coverage starts.
    Yeah it doe's,your better off tuning in bbc local radio,ie bbc merseyside etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Does anyone know an App for listening to UK football on match day ?

Ive asked about this before...there isnt,they all cut off before a match starts.they play an info message saying something about rights restrictions.
    Even irish apps like today fm & newstalk cut off.
    I did get a game on talksport before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Johnmb wrote: »
    Time Out travel guides are free at the moment, cities included are Sydney, Melbourne, London, Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Zagreb, and Things To Do: London

Thanks for that. Now have a ton of guides (Time Out/Lonely planet) that I got free

And of course no time/money to visit anywhere... ;)

• Advertisement

barryd09 wrote: »
    Ive asked about this before...there isnt,they all cut off before a match starts.they play an info message saying something about rights restrictions.
    Even irish apps like today fm & newstalk cut off.
    I did get a game on talksport before though.
    Iv'e listened to a few games on BBc Radio Merseyside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Talksport is strange, quite often you get the matches. I have even noticed that it could be blocked when listening via wifi as opposed to WLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

No match commentary just sucks !!!. VPN for iPhone ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

No match commentary just sucks !!!. VPN for iPhone ? :)

Hotspot shield is a U.S. vpn for iphone, if you find a U.K. one please post

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

so ive FINALLY got an iphone:D i started to read through this topic for best apps but there are 95 pages !!!!
    would anyone be king enough to list a few of the classic best apps (older ones i may miss out on) and the best one for sending webtexts.
    thanks in advance for the help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 reddivil

Eirtext for is the app for sending webtexts however I never actually managed to get mine up and running.. Granted I is well lazy mon! And Jamaican

Some of my favourites are
    sky sports football
    Chess with friends( just got it handy)
    Cinema times
    Genius scan (scanning pages of notes or sketches)
    I torch is handy
    Free Ireland uk sat nav

Lots of games I could mention but that's up to your own taste really, 'angry birds' I guess was the big one..

I've started playing rugby 2010. It's quite good. I'm number one in the world at countdown conversions in Game Centre!!!!!
    Granted, there doesn't seem to be a huge number of people playing it.

anyone wanna take my title????

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

EirText work great for me i think it depends about what tipe of account u sing in i have vodafone,and u get 600 free txt a month that include internationals txt too.
    TuneinRadio too great app!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks for that, this app lets you use your 3 webtexts to text all phones is it?

Is there any apps available in Ireland that do this without using free webtexts? In otherwords unlimited texts? I know a few available in the USA such as google voice etc.

im also wondering if there is any such app i.e. unlimited texts

I would love to know that too ! but still 600t/m that is alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

I want to get the free version of eirtext to try it out but can't find it in the AppStore! I'm just wondering if it's still available, I've a feeling I'm just doing something stupid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 reddivil

I want to get the free version of eirtext to try it out but can't find it in the AppStore! I'm just wondering if it's still available, I've a feeling I'm just doing something stupid!!

just had a look for it on mine and couldnt find it either. they must have removed it to get all dat yummy monies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

jarvis wrote: »
    I've started playing rugby 2010. It's quite good. I'm number one in the world at countdown conversions in Game Centre!!!!!
    Granted, there doesn't seem to be a huge number of people playing it.

anyone wanna take my title????

I bought this game yesterday and I haven't put it down since. Took a few minutes to get the hang of it. Thanks for that :)

I bought this game yesterday and I haven't put it down since. Took a few minutes to get the hang of it. Thanks for that :)

Hav go at the conversion countdown. Addictive.

U right i had that eirtext free app before i upgrade it to eirtext pro i just had a look in appstore and is gone !
    jelly SMS free does the same thing i had that too but still eirtext is the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

CMpunked wrote: »
    Got the photosynth app a few days ago and been having a load of fun with it.
    It's a panoramic photo app, it's free and very easy to use.
    One word of advice would be not to use it if your low on battery!

Excellent app!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Contactdel $1.99
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contactdel/id399148990?mt=8
    Description

ContactDel provides many ways to delete your contacts in batch on iPhone and iPod Touch. No PC or Mac are required, no Sync is needed. Use ContactDel to save time when cleaning up your address book.

1. Delete All: The easiest way to delete all contacts on your iPhone and iPod Touch, just push the button, the App does the rest.

2. Special Delete:
    - Delete by Name: list your contacts by names, check-mark in batch and delete in batch. Instant search by name makes it very easy to locate the contacts you want to delete even if you have hundreds of them.
    - Delete All Contacts with NO Phone Numbers
    - Delete All Contacts with NO Emails

3. Restore: you can restore major information of previous deleted contacts at anytime.

ContactDel users love it!
    ==========
    "Worked great! Synced my phone and got my boyfriends address book merged with mine... We were able to quickly delete the unwanted contacts by selecting them and deleting them all at once Great App! Great Time Saver!"
    ==========
    "I purchased Contactdel and it has worked very well ... I am having problems syncing my contacts with Outlook. Contactdel has been very good restoring my contacts when the sync has problems."
    ==========

Note: only first name, last name, phone number, address, email can be restored. Contact photo, notes, homepage, and ring tone setting are permanently deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Has anyone got Heytell? Tried it this morning, very handy. Turns your phone into a walkie talkie

Melion wrote: »
    Has anyone got Heytell? Tried it this morning, very handy. Turns your phone into a walkie talkie
    Yeah its great ap.Also find can knockdown 2 highly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

100 Rogues (game - dungeon crawler) is free at the moment (only for one day it seems)

http://kotaku.com/#!5798623/get-100-rogues-for-iphone-for-nothing-today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Free today ---- physics gamebox
    Poor mans angry birds but still fun !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

barryd09 wrote: »
    No i havent played that.will look it up when i get a chance.Cheers!

i like it but find it very repetitive after a while. It could do with something more....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

i cant find any physics box game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Physics gamebox....... Sorry !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Feckin FRUIT NINJA is the biz!!!!!

Not as much fun on the iphone as the ipad though :(

Advertisement