Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I love free apps!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NetNinja

gartcork wrote: »
    Just noticed that the Flight Watch app doesn't work on 4.3 ( maybe earlier versions too) and also it's not available in the app store anymore. Pity, it was a very handy app :(
    NetNinja wrote: »
    Not working for me either. I'm on 4.2. :confused: I'm trying to remember how much I paid for it :mad:

This App is back again with Version 2. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mr_wexer

1. Falling Fred - get it now it's free
    2. Zombie Smash is very awesome have played lots of that lately.
    3. Coin Drop - Like Peggle but I think it's more fast flowing and fun.
    4. Snuggle Truck - This is a class game, don't let the name put you off.
    5. League of Evil - Great action side scroller, amazing controls.
    6. World of Goo - A classic now on iPhone
    7. Karoshi - Mental game where you gotta die to win
    8. Land-a Panda Very cute and well polished puzzle game
    9. Phoenix - My all time favourite game on the iPhone
    10. Gobtron - If you like to use bodily fluids to kill things ¬¬

I'd love to hear if anyone else had a top list of recent\classic games you enjoyed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

was able to go on to the u.s. itunes are per instructions here...and downloaded a few u.s. only apps....hbo go and a worldwide sat nav and some others...but each of the u.s. apps i downloaded crash on start up on the phone....
    do the apps know they are in the wrong region ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

coolegrain wrote: »
    do the apps know they are in the wrong region ??

No they don't, I have a few US apps in my iphone and never had that problem, not sure why they will crash. Did u try a restart? maybe remove them and add them again.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    No they don't, I have a few US apps in my iphone and never had that problem, not sure why they will crash. Did u try a restart? maybe remove them and add them again.

ok...i'll put them back on and try again...have them saved in itunes..

edit : mmm...something still not right....when the phone syncs now today, making sure the u.s. apps are definetly selected, they dont appear on the phone after the syc....i am guessing it maybe has something to do with the apps being downloaded on my u.s. itunes profile, but now both itunes and iphone are on the irish itunes account....guessing of course...(i did the restart as suggested)
    sorry if this is taking the thread off topic.

irish itunes store apps i do like...

tunesaccess - for playing music if have loaded on to the tunesaccess cloud storage
    cloudme - cloud os
    the onion - spoof news
    av forums app
    okdigg - world news roundup app
    on this day - app with lots of facts about what happened on this day, or any day...births, deaths, events etc
    howstuffworks - educational app...like the program
    smalktalk - one for the kids....speaks back to them in small animal voices
    redlaser - barcode scanning app
    teamviewer - remote desktop app
    skyscanner - really good price comparison app for all flights
    touchmouse - use the phone as a computer mouse and keyboard
    bathroom - an ebook app full of facts and quotes...for toilet reading :)
    amazon deals - app for all the best amazon deals and offers
    resize image - one somebody here told me about...resize any photo to any size stored on your phone...an example of why i find it useful...changing a quick snap to 640 x 480 and uploading to facebook when i have only 2g coverage...whereas the original photo would be too big to send...fine if the photo isnt important or need to be full detail
    eurosport - this was the only app i found that was able to keep me updated with all the snooker scores recently...it covers a lot of sports
    archetype - online only first person shooter game...graphics really good.
    therealnews - app, like the site, that says its " focused on providing independent and uncompromising journalism "

anything else good i have has already been mentioned here (and probably what i have listed too)

got the u.s. apps working...i cut out the middle man of itunes on the pc...and downloaded from the app store on the phone using the u.s. itunes account....then when downloaded i changed the account back to the irish one....now the apps work.....thanks nava

i grabbed...hbo go..fox news...dragon dictation...flixster movies and bing...
    i also chanced mapquest sat nav...but it doesnt work here, i was just chancing it..
    hbo go needs a u.s tv cable subsciption to work it seems...wonder if there a way round that ?
    and..dragon dictation is amazing how accurate it is...i have a thick sligo accent and it was perfect.

any other u.s. only apps i should know about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I just bought eiretext there and was wondering are you able to see how many texts you have left this month.Im using three mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Fol20 wrote: »
    I just bought eiretext there and was wondering are you able to see how many texts you have left this month.Im using three mobile

Should say at the bottom of screen in middle when you see your webmail contacts. Does for me on Eirtext Pro anyway with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Any recommendations of what to get from the U.S itunes store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Is there an app for texting where the message goes into your inbox as normal and can send using data as opposed to webtexts?
    I'm using pingchat and it comes up on screen pingchat then I have to open the app to see the message. Also an app where you can text any network using data.

Thanks

Fol20 wrote: »
    How do u access webtext on three? I'm on bill pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Misticles wrote: »
    How do u access webtext on three? I'm on bill pay

http://webtext.three.ie/login

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

i cant get 3webtext either says cannot access with this handset, its a 3 iphone on bill pay, i am having to use eiretext or viber, both very good but cant see how many texts i have left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

Is there an app for texting where the message goes into your inbox as normal and can send using data as opposed to webtexts?
    I'm using pingchat and it comes up on screen pingchat then I have to open the app to see the message. Also an app where you can text any network using data.

Thanks

try viber, worldwide texting and calls for all on viber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

budweiser app is free can tell when price of your pint of budweiser should sometimes thx to the budweiser app there's a chance for get your pint of budweiser for free, the hotter the day is cheaper the pint of budweiser would get and the day could be too hot your pint of budweiser is free.

luas app is free, gives luas timetables, when is next luas and luas news

try viber, worldwide texting and calls for all on viber

ye but the other person has to have viber installed....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    budweiser app is free can tell when price of your pint of budweiser should sometimes thx to the budweiser app there's a chance for get your pint of budweiser for free, the hotter the day is cheaper the pint of budweiser would get and the day could be too hot your pint of budweiser is free.

Pity the app doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Is there an app for turning your iphone into a webcam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 John Picard

Download Pandorra box from the app store.

• Advertisement

is there an app for giving a two month old baby a feed at 4am ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

fullstop wrote: »
    Pity the app doesn't work.

Works fine

budweiser app has been pulled, maybe a temporary thing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Works fine

Mine doesn't. According to ice cold inxdex website http://www.icecoldindex.ie/
    Sorry guys, we've had such a big response to the Budweiser Ice Cold Index App, that we're having some issues on our servers. We've decided to put the Ice Cold Index on hold for a short while and remove the app from the stores whilst we fix the problem.

If you've already downloaded the app you won't be able to use it for a little while. If you registered your email within the app we'll drop you a line as soon as we're up and running again. If not, check back here for updates.

Don't worry, there's still a whole lot of summer to come (the campaign runs until August) so bear with us, it won't take long. Apologies again.

this is an app..i think...that is really worth mentioning after the recent update...

tunesaccess

its free....unlimited cloud storage for your music...upload as much as you want to it...install the free app and play back through the app...and unlimited bandwidth !!
    the previous version wasnt up to scratch but now its spot on...supports multi-tasking so it plays in the background...can jump to any part of a song (app couldnt do this previously)...and create playlists etc...
    i have also found that if you convert music to say 128k mp3s they will still sound alright while being lightweight enough to stream over non-3g data coverage..

i think its superb for someone that wouldnt have much space left to have a big library of music on their iphone / ipod...

http://www.tunesaccess.com/users/signin

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Is there any app available that will give real time GAA scores ?
    Had the GAA app but score updates are usless as is the RTE app. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

will1977 wrote: »
    Is there any app available that will give real time GAA scores ?
    Had the GAA app but score updates are usless as is the RTE app. Thanks

Not that I know of.

The best work around for the moment is saving http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/gaa-sports/gaa-live-scores/ in your bookmarks. It's the best I know of for live scores.

Is there an app that you an use to access your voicemail through data??

3 is 15c a minute for voicemail :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Is there an app that you an use to access your voicemail through data??

3 is 15c a minute for voicemail :eek:

Hullomail takes over your voicemail for you, I'm with 3 and haven't looked back since I started using it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Hullomail is the tits!
    Screw you 15c a minute voicemail!!!!!!

Advertisement