Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Lee

Options
  • 20-01-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭

In response to those complaining about not knowing Richard Bruton was in UCC yesterday so I'm here to give all of you sufficient notice that George Lee will be will be appearing for the Politics Week in UCC at some stage next week (will be updating when I get details)

**EDIT**

For more information please see

http://www.facebook.com/govpol?ref=ts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Nova_era

Is Richard Bruton coming too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nova_era wrote: »

No I'm afraid not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

Nova_era wrote: »

I thought the puppet and the puppetier had to travel in tandem?

sm.org wrote: »
    I thought the puppet and the puppetier had to travel in tandem?

Obviously Richard has decided that George is ready for Cork.

Next step, the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just for an update for those interested, George Lee will be appearing in UCC in Boole 2 at 7.30pm on Monday the 25th January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Super stuff, I'd imagine it'll be packed at it!

I'll head along to this depending on how much work I get done that day in the library

Did anyone else go along to this last night?

George Lee is a nutcase, but very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Can't wait to see some karate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Looks like the puppet had enough

I'm not stunned to be honest he has very different views to Bruton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm disappointed he has called it a day. Potentially the only straight politician in the Dail, someone who went into politics to try and shake things up. Found himself on the wrong side of the house though and i would think all the bureaucracy and lack of urgency in Fine Gael's opposition strategy made up his mind for him in the end.

grenache wrote: »
    I'm disappointed he has called it a day. Potentially the only straight politician in the Dail, someone who went into politics to try and shake things up. Found himself on the wrong side of the house though and i would think all the bureaucracy and lack of urgency in Fine Gael's opposition strategy made up his mind for him in the end.

Fine Gael have an opposition strategy? You might forward a copy to Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭deisedude

He is a quitter and an egotistical hack. He has just torn up all the votes of his constiuents and thrown it in their face and wasted taxpayers money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

I find Irish political opinion funny. Over in the Politics forum, the central trend is "look at all the dishonesty". Theres loads of stories of exorbitant pensions and people feel the Dail is not accountable.

Then once George Lee stopped standing up for this and refused to get involved in the culture, people start moaning about him.

Double standards much?

deisedude wrote: »
    He is a quitter and an egotistical hack. He has just torn up all the votes of his constiuents and thrown it in their face and wasted taxpayers money.

Your dead right he should have stayed in a job that he felt was going nowhere, collected his 100K a year for a four day week got re-elected for the next 16 years based on tireless work of getting passports for constituents and blaming everything on the global meltdown. Then his son/daughter could follow on for the next 20 years on the back of "vote fo me,Dad was sound and I'd love to come in for a chat" campaigns.

You want waste of money, look at the Seanad or the Willie O Dea type TD's,buffoons that make up 60% of our Dail.

Recent questions put to O Dea on Newstalk:
    Willie the Army has the manpower and equipment to help all the flood victims, why wasn't the Army utilised?
    Willie: Nobody asked me(pronouced mey by Wille)
    Willie the Army has all terrain vehicles and the cold weather experience, why aren't they doing more then shovelling snow on Grafton Street?
    Willie:Nobody asked mey
    Willie the Irish Army has yet to meet its UN quota this year, will you be sending troops to Haiti to help?
    Willie:Nobody has asked mey
    Photographer for the Indo: Willie could you take that pistol there and and pose like a ganster rapper?
    Willie:I'd love ta

And you say George Lee wasted taxpayers money, your having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭deisedude

Your dead right he should have stayed in a job that he felt was going nowhere, collected his 100K a year for a four day week got re-elected for the next 16 years based on tireless work of getting passports for constituents and blaming everything on the global meltdown. Then his son/daughter could follow on for the next 20 years on the back of "vote fo me,Dad was sound and I'd love to come in for a chat" campaigns.

You want waste of money, look at the Seanad or the Willie O Dea type TD's,buffoons that make up 60% of our Dail.

Recent questions put to O Dea on Newstalk:
    Willie the Army has the manpower and equipment to help all the flood victims, why wasn't the Army utilised?
    Willie: Nobody asked me(pronouced mey by Wille)
    Willie the Army has all terrain vehicles and the cold weather experience, why aren't they doing more then shovelling snow on Grafton Street?
    Willie:Nobody asked mey
    Willie the Irish Army has yet to meet its UN quota this year, will you be sending troops to Haiti to help?
    Willie:Nobody has asked mey
    Photographer for the Indo: Willie could you take that pistol there and and pose like a ganster rapper?
    Willie:I'd love ta

And you say George Lee wasted taxpayers money, your having a laugh.

He didn't even give the job a year. He must have some ego to think he would be calling the shots after 9 months. I laugh when people defend him saying he has integrity because if Irish people view running away from a challenge a sign of integrity then we are all well and truly fcuked. He could have stayed on as an independant TD but he couldnt hack politics so he went crying back to RTE where they will probably award the fcuker with a raise. The other TD's like them or loathe them were voted in by the public so i don't know what you are getting at there. If they don't want incompetants they shouldn't vote for them

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

I reckon George was following the Sarah Palin church sanctioned 'tactical withdrawal' method......try it, f**k it up, run away from office as fast as you can, then come back and run for President.

Advertisement