Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad test results take it out of you?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Ever do bad in a test and just feel like you've wasted your time?
    For example in history, I put hours into studying Vietnam and managed to do a 3 page essay, yet I get 45%, where others do a 1 page essay and get 60%. Makes no sense, but I feel like I've wasted so much time and don't really know where to go, y'know.

Anyone know what I mean?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Find out where you lost the marks.
    Did you answer the question asked? It sounds odd, but that's where most people go wrong. Did you cover all elements of the question asked?

Ask your teacher to point out where you went wrong. Just giving you a mark at this stage is a bit pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

spurious wrote: »
    Find out where you lost the marks.
    Did you answer the question asked? It sounds odd, but that's where most people go wrong. Did you cover all elements of the question asked?

Ask your teacher to point out where you went wrong. Just giving you a mark at this stage is a bit pointless.
    Yeah, I just realised today that he added it up wrong and I should have gotten 49%, but still. He specifically said not to ask him about areas where he should have given marks.

Perhaps I could have kept more to the point, but I left the test thinking I did pretty good. Wait til the mocks I suppose....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you want to scan it and PM it to me, I'll have a look at it for you if you like?
    Oops just realised I don't think you can PM files. If you want me to have a look, let me know and I'll send you my email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

spurious wrote: »
    If you want to scan it and PM it to me, I'll have a look at it for you if you like?
    Oops just realised I don't think you can PM files. If you want me to have a look, let me know and I'll send you my email.
    It's cool, thanks. I haven't got the exact question and I found out he's sending the mock papers away to be corrected, so at least I'll have a proper idea then.

Thanks again, appreciate it.

Advertisement