Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Miler, would you buy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that good value, seems around the same as an A4 2009?

Lot of miles for an 09 but not massive if you plan on doing handy mileage for the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is that good value, seems around the same as an A4 2009?

Lot of miles for an 09 but not massive if you plan on doing handy mileage for the next few years.

Irrelevant to an A4, I wouldn't compare the two for some reason.

But you would want to be doing fairly handy mileage for it to balance out, even after 4/5 years... It doesn't seem to be cheap enough in my mind to justify one year and 72,000kms

I only compared the 2 as both are seen as premium VWs with 2.0 TDI engines.

It's more comparable to an A4 than a Merc CLS for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I only compared the 2 as both are seen as premium VWs with 2.0 TDI engines.

It's more comparable to an A4 than a Merc CLS for example.

True that, but like the Phaeton, people who are in the market for a 7 series etc. aren't going to consider the Phaeton. People who bought the Phaeton, wanted a Phaeton IMO... Bit like the CC I think.

I don't think your average Passat driver will look at a brand new Passat for €27k and then consider a high miler 09 CC for €30k - I think they appeal to different markets.
    I seriously think someone who walks into a showroom looking for an 09 A4 could be talked into a Passat CC though on the basis that it's more desirable than a normal Passat.

Completely off topic of course :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement