Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought something online, no contact from company since

Options
  • 20-01-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I recently bought something online from an Irish company, and the website said it was next day delivery, this was a week ago. They offered a "track and trace" service.

I paid using Worldpay, so I had thought everything was above board.
    However, I used the track and trace option everyday since placing the order and it keeps coming up as payment received, but no other details.
    There is an option to contact through the site, which I have done several times, but have no reply.

It is a little embarrassing, as the item is of an "adult nature".
    When I checked the Worldpay email receipt I noticed the email address they have given is for another site, which when I checked out is another adult toy site powered by the same company as the original site, and is practically the same site.

The telephone number given is a mobile number, which is out of service.
    What can I do? I know I can go to my card company, but like I said, it is a bit embarrassing. Also, if this is a scam, can the site/s be blacklisted or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

It's hard to say without knowing the site (PM me if you want) but its a very bad sign if their contact number is out of service and there has been no contact from them a week after the purchase.
    If you don't hear from them then the only thing to do is a charge back. Just so you know you have wait 30 days before they will take on a charge back.

Advertisement