Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lady lavery note 6 jan 1954?

• 20-01-2010 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

hey guys i am just looking for information regarding this note and possible value as i can not find much about it on the net,hope to maybe hear from someone regarding this,thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

What denomination is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Hiya,

Sorry- it's a £1 note. All I know is that they stopped making notes with her on them in March of that year.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Lillylilly wrote: »
    lady lavery note 6 jan 1954?
    Lillylilly wrote: »
    it's a £1 note. All I know is that they stopped making notes with her on them in March of that year.

That's not correct. They were printed until 1975-77, (the £1 until 1976).

You must be referring to a different kind of banknote, "Ploughman" notes from various banks (1929-1941) which were withdrawn from circulation in 1954.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

The value of this note depends on its condition
    If the note is clean, no major creases or folds, no writing or tears it is worth ~ €15
    if the note hasnt been folded and doesnt have any crease, is in very good condition it is worth ~ €25
    if the note has any tears or writing it it worth ~ €7

Thanks for that. It's my boyfriend's.. he was looking for details on it but doesn't have a Boards login (yet!!).

It's laminated.

Thanks for the replies!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

If it is laminated I would think that its value would be zero. :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If it is laminated I would think that its value would be zero. :confused:

Exactly

Hmmmm, I did have a concern that the value would be decreased due to the lamination!!

He will be disappointed!

Advertisement