Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic on Friday 22 January

Options
  • 20-01-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if the traffic before the Munster v Northampton match will be very bad near Thomond Park at 5 o'clock? I have a driving test at 5 in Woodview and am worried that it will be disrupted due to the congestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

the driving test tends to go in around the estates with some main roads, at least it did when i did mine, traffic will be bad, and they will know it at the test centre, so they will probably have prepared a route to avoid the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I do not envy you. I did my test in Woodview years ago but I would imagine the route should not have changed as the area hasnt either.

It brought me through the estates and onto the Ennis road and up Shelbourne road, right past Thomond Park and back to the test centre.

I do not envy you at all but be assured the instructor will make allowances for the congestion and increase in people movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

What time is this match on?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

phog wrote: »

Oh I thought it was on at 5:30. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Shouldnt be any extra traffic around there at 5, just the normal friday evening people. It will start to build up about half 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

does any body know if parking is allowed in LIT students car park?, hope to make it to the match but need to swap vehicles, my daughter's car will be at LIT, would be handly if I could leave it there and collect after the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

In a way it could work to ur advantage. The test is 40mins long regardless of traffic. If you are stopped or stuck in slow moving traffic, then you have less opportunity to make a fúck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Traffic would be normal around that time still busy enough for a friday but the traffic will be heavy but the instructor prob kill you in around the estates.

Good Luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Jigga wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the traffic before the Munster v Northampton match will be very bad near Thomond Park at 5 o'clock? I have a driving test at 5 in Woodview and am worried that it will be disrupted due to the congestion.

How did you get on? Pass I hope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

You should try Shannon next time, far easier to pass. first time fail in Limerick mayorstone and second time pass in Shannon

Advertisement