Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am now with Vodafone but only found out by speedtest? !!!

• 20-01-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

I am in Clare and got my letter from Vodafone today but they did not give an actual transfer date. I was on BT unlimited downloads, that's now capped at 100GB/pm. However I am cut off at regular intervals and this used to happen with BT initially but subsequently stopped.

I checked spEed and it told me my IP address was with Vodafone. I get a month to accept new terms. My price has gone down 5 euro a month!! big of them.

I have a netgear wireless router DG834N and apparently it requires a re-boot when VF switch ip addresses!!

Why change the d/l limit and if they have say 40, 000 always on customers then when they cut us off wont they just have re-allocate an ip address and isn't that more work??

I only have eircon as an alternative and they wont give me 3.5mb on line, only 2.5.

Can a provider arbitrarily cut you off, what happens if I am in the middel of a d/l?

And I do the UK lottery online and today it knew I was outside the UK!! Can I take it this is due to Vodafone??

As usual I can see only more problems on the way.

Is there a fix for the netgear?

gb---

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    I am in Clare and got my letter from Vodafone today but they did not give an actual transfer date. I was on BT unlimited downloads, that's now capped at 100GB/pm. However I am cut off at regular intervals and this used to happen with BT initially but subsequently stopped.

I checked spEed and it told me my IP address was with Vodafone. I get a month to accept new terms. My price has gone down 5 euro a month!! big of them.

I have a netgear wireless router DG834N and apparently it requires a re-boot when VF switch ip addresses!!

Why change the d/l limit and if they have say 40, 000 always on customers then when they cut us off wont they just have re-allocate an ip address and isn't that more work??

I only have eircon as an alternative and they wont give me 3.5mb on line, only 2.5.

Can a provider arbitrarily cut you off, what happens if I am in the middel of a d/l?

And I do the UK lottery online and today it knew I was outside the UK!! Can I take it this is due to Vodafone??

As usual I can see only more problems on the way.

Is there a fix for the netgear?

gb---

do you expect to go over 100gb? (and vodafones limits are lower than that)

Advertisement