Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless adapter failed to get a vaild IP address error?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Whilst on my laptop today I randomly got an error message saying the laptop (Windows XP) could not connect to a wireless network and i could not access the internet aymore. I clicked for more info and the error said "Did not receive IP address" "The wireless adapter failed to get a valid IP address". There are 2 other laptops using the same router / network and they are not having any problems. I tried restarting the laptop and it picks up the wireless signal ok initially but then gets stuck at the 'acquiring network address' part and finally stops, saying it can't connect.

Seems strange that it just happened randomly whilst i was typing a doc in Word!

Thanks a million for any help :)

Advertisement