Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaining to Eircom

• 20-01-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Righto tomorrow I'm ringing up eircom to give them an ear bashing (alas they are closed tonight) and want to hear your experience/advice.

I'm on the 7 meg package.
    When we first upgraded from the 3 meg it was fine. it tops out at 6.1 meg but i can live with that.
    What I can't live with however is the performance of it in recent months.
    .5- 1.5 mbits is standard every evening, youtube won't buffer and i can't win a game in street fighter :(

Seriously though I've complained twice (in November and Last week) to the technical side of things on 1901 so now I'm filling a complaint to the "customer care" side. If they don't sort it bloody out I'm leaving them.
    I'm in arklow so I don't have a great range of options but they are blatantly not holding up their end of the contract.
    It's clear they've sold more bandwidth than they can supply.

So yeah, thoughts, advice, experience, alternatives welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Righto tomorrow I'm ringing up eircom to give them an ear bashing (alas they are closed tonight) and want to hear your experience/advice.

I'm on the 7 meg package.
    When we first upgraded from the 3 meg it was fine. it tops out at 6.1 meg but i can live with that.
    What I can't live with however is the performance of it in recent months.
    .5- 1.5 mbits is standard every evening, youtube won't buffer and i can't win a game in street fighter :(

Seriously though I've complained twice (in November and Last week) to the technical side of things on 1901 so now I'm filling a complaint to the "customer care" side. If they don't sort it bloody out I'm leaving them.
    I'm in arklow so I don't have a great range of options but they are blatantly not holding up their end of the contract.
    It's clear they've sold more bandwidth than they can supply.

So yeah, thoughts, advice, experience, alternatives welcome.

i made acomplain on theyr webiste, they just sended me a broadband support phone number...

i made a thread about it allready bud, alot of people getting same shizz... and wait for the best part: no point switching to ather provider as they all use same eircom equipment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

post your line stats and people here will be able to tell you what to do, very often you people are better off on a 3mb package than the 7mb... you might be better of slowing down your speed to get it more consistent

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

I'm on the 3mb package but I'm only getting approx 1.55 :(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/689131984.png

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

I'd exactly the same issue late last year. After several weeks of phone calls and having their "engineers" look into the problem, there was no improvement. I cancelled and went to UPC, but I suppose not everybody has that option. I'd say on Boards.ie alone there are probably enough people with the same experience to make a case with the regulator.

It's fairly obvious that they started throttling in the evenings around last October, but you'll never get their support staff to admit that.

Advertisement