Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provisional license expired or do I need to re-sit??

• 20-01-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

HI, I sat my first provisional licence in 2006, which went out of date in 08. I wasnt that bothered though cos I was abroad at college.
    However now Im thinking of sitting my driving test and Im not sure if I need to re sit my theory test? All the info states that you need a retest if your licence expired OVER 5 years ago, but Im not sure if its appliciable to me.:confused:

Also if it is valid, and I dont need to resit the theory...does that mean I dont have to wait the allocated six months before applying for my full drivers? I really cant be arsed if I have to wait 6 months,If thats the case Il get it dont in the uk.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aka_breeno

Brilliant! :D

So what do I need to do to renew my provisional? Im guessing itl cost something to do it but I dont mind seeing as I dont have to wait the 6 months now. Will I have to go into my local motor taxation office to get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement