Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD Vs. LSAD

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ashybashy10

I'm in a similar position too. I'm torn between the two as regards print.
    LSAD seems to be very drawing based (Which I like) whereas NCAD seems to be much more centered around the ideas and pretty ''out there'' (Not a bad thing either).
    The accommodation in LSAD is so much handier to sort out too. But I'd prefer Dublin as a city in general. And the guys I met in print were right craic in NCAD :P
    It's wrecking my head trying to choose!

yo! i just finished up first year in lsad, i got into printmaking which we did for the last semester, 8 weeks in total and the craic in print in lsad is unreal !! so good and the facilities are great and just so you know they're reworking/furnishing the print room this summer so it'll be even better for you ! the tutors are so so great as well, helpful, easy to get along with and its all really chillaxed like if you need/ask for help or anything they'll go out their way for ya! also it is drawing based but only to an extent, whatever way you get your ideas together, photos, drawings, videos, writing they're pretty happy as long as you get the job done...they like alot of humour aswell ! i think the fact we have to keep a blog of our work where as ncad dont helps you talk about your work and realise how to get yourself out there using social media...always a few exibition openings in town too each week so plenty of free prinking before heading out !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ashybashy10

hi so...i just finished first year in lsad and loved it! but i was in between fashion design and printmaking when we had to choose our disicipline that my tutor recommended textiles in ncad.

i went up had a look, loved it there aswell but now my parents are at me because of expense of dublin and whats the craic with the grant if i'll be going directly into second year ??

anyway for the last semester of first year i decided on printmaking and got really good results in my final assessment and i found out today i got into ncad but im so confused as to what to do!

any info on ncad, the textiles course, living in dub and grant would be appreciated so so much !

thank you ! :)

Advertisement