Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Wireless Cable Modem Help

Options
  • 20-01-2010 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Ok i have chorus broadband for quite a while and its really good except for one thing, the crapy cisco wireless cable modem i got free. I'm just wondering is there anybody out there that has replaced their cisco with another modem and if so can you please give me the details on what you replaced it with? Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

The recommended by upc model is the netgear wireless g router, WGR614. I have one, works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 IanMckie

Ya but that is just a normal route that is plugged into a modemr. I had chorus before and they provided me with the same set up you have but now when i moved house i was set up differently. and instead of a router plugged into a modem i was givin an all in one cable router modem and i need to know is there any others out there apart from cisco that have a router built into the modem

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭trisodioum

No... because if there was everyone would be able to get free UPC broadband,
    Like your original setup, you can disable the wireless on the cisco modem and use a netgear router..

Advertisement