Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im in the dock tomorrow.......

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Scania580 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,went to court on thursday last , got 325 euro fine and 4 points.other charges were struck out. i explaned to judge that i never recieved fixed penalty but he just ignored me and kept asking me,,are you guilty or not guilty.He let a guy before me off a mobile phone charge when he told the same story... i feel very hard done by and am appealing it...im fortuneteller.

Dont appeal it, Id say take it on the chin, you wont get anywhere appealing.
    Its a pain but they do not like appeals, pay the fine, take the points and take it handy in the car.

I know that sounds harsh but I dont think youl get anywhere appealing.

Ps the fine wasnt too bad at all. You were speeding and the fine was on the low end of what they give for that and the 4 points was always goina happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Scania580 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,went to court on thursday last , got 325 euro fine and 4 points.other charges were struck out. i explaned to judge that i never recieved fixed penalty but he just ignored me and kept asking me,,are you guilty or not guilty.He let a guy before me off a mobile phone charge when he told the same story... i feel very hard done by and am appealing it...im fortuneteller.
    Thanks for sharing, we don't see many court stories round here thanks to the pitch-fork wielding locals.

I'd also say leave this one be, there's a time to fight and make a nuisance of yourself and there's a time to draw a line under it. An appeal does not guarantee anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

So do ya loose your licence for 10 points or is it 12. If you still have your licence id say just leave things be. Points only last 3 years so you only have to be on best behaviour for another 2 then your first 6 are gone.

BTW thanks for sharing its been a facinating thread and good to see most on here are helpfull posters....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Savman wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, we don't see many court stories round here thanks to the pitch-fork wielding locals.

I'd also say leave this one be, there's a time to fight and make a nuisance of yourself and there's a time to draw a line under it. An appeal does not guarantee anything.
    On appeal you will get a different judge, so there will be a different attitude. Worth asking around who that is likely to be and what they are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

So do ya loose your licence for 10 points or is it 12. If you still have your licence id say just leave things be. Points only last 3 years so you only have to be on best behaviour for another 2 then your first 6 are gone.

BTW thanks for sharing its been a facinating thread and good to see most on here are helpfull posters....
    12 points and you lose it i had 10 and now down to nothing since xmas. It will train you to be a good boy:):)

Advertisement