Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT BB speed/quality gone to crap

• 20-01-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

My 7.2 Mb Esat BT BB is down at between .5 - 2.0 Mbps yet again, this is non stop since Christmas, Is anyone else having problems with it, I'm in D15, the CC is useless, their Queuebuster software is great except for 1 thing, they don't call you back!

I just called Technical support which is open until 9, only to get through to a guy who is redirecting calls to Vodafone Technical support who close an hour earlier.

This is making my decision to move to UPC a whole lot easier I have to say.

Edit: Just spoke to TS, apparently there are authentication issues with customers from EsatBT transitioning over to Vodafone, I'm expecting a call back this afternoon with an update.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Credit where it's due.

I finally got through to Vodafone Customer support, lady took my details and said she'd look into it and call me back, true to her word (and much to my amazement) she called back at 4 on the button, told me she had spoken to an engineer who turned on interleaving and re-authenticated the account, there have been some problems in the Esat > Vodafone switch-over I got home and the ping time had fallen from 115Ms to ~40Ms and speeds have been stable since.

That was my first experience with Vodafone and it was a very positive one, there are lots of bad user experience threads on here so I thought I'd share my positive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭derek_c

Interesting to see what your speeds are like in the evenings, my 7mb has gone down to 0.5mb in the evenings. Received a new modem from them so will connect and see how mine fairs out. Just done speed test now and I am down at 2.4mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

@ victor m can you give me the number you used to call
    Vodafone Customer support
    im in the same boat as you regarding speed in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭derek_c

Had to disconnect vodafone modem just now. No sites opening no reply from DNS. Reconnected my netopia with my original BT settings and back online at the lightning speed of

692486751.png

Well done Vodafone

Advertisement