Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new network card for dell vostro 1310

• 20-01-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    My laptop won't connect to the internet or our home network. It worked fine for months and I just randomly got an error whilst writing a word document that it could not connect to the network and the wireless adapter failed to get an IP address.

I have tried repairing the connection and setting up a new network connection from scratch, but whilst creating the new network connection an error showed that 'network hardware is disconnected' so I am guessing that something is wrong with the wireless card? (I don't have a network cable to check if I can connect to the network manually unfortunately). Sorry i am not very good at this technical stuff, so was just wondering where I might get a network card for a Dell Vostro 1310 - would I have to go direct through dell (do they even sell them?) or can I just get a generic network card - if so, is there any bricks & mortar shop that would do one? Would one of those Belkin Wireless USB stick things work?

Thanks a million :)

Comments

Advertisement