Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco EPC2425 : can not connect my Laptop by wireless

Options
  • 20-01-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

I just got a new UPC/NTL connection yesterday, the guy came, plug the box and left without any instruction!!!

And of course, it is doesn t work, the only way to get internet is when i am using the cable... the wireless doesnt work.
    My laptop recognize the Router UPC, then ask me the Password, and then my coumputer is not enable to connect !!!
    I tried with my company laptop and it is work without difficulties... i really don t understand what s wrong...

I tried to plug off, plug on, setup, etc... but nothing change, he doesnt want let my personal laptop get connected.

Does anyone got the same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If your company laptop works fine, then there's nothing wrong with the broadband or router. The problem is with your computer. More specifically, the laptop's wireless connection.

Moved to Wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SonicTitan

Same thing happened to me. Update the Driver on your WiFi card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 omversus

2 weeks ago, i was able to be connected to a Cisco router epc2425 without any problem.

As i changed the contrat, yesterday, they brought me a new router with a new SSID and Password.
    It is the similar router so if it is a problem from the driver, my laptop should not work on any of them?

Not too sure but its worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I got it today. Won't work on wireless. Any suggestions? have tried updating my wifi card online.

• Advertisement

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I got it today. Won't work on wireless. Any suggestions? have tried updating my wifi card online.

I updated my card from the Device Manager page on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

SonicTitan wrote: »
    I updated my card from the Device Manager page on the laptop.

Yeah i've tried that and it still won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ada4347

can u not just go into connect to an put in d WPA Key it should work

ada4347 wrote: »
    can u not just go into connect to an put in d WPA Key it should work

Thats the problem he's having in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Esta

Having similar problem with UPC / EPC2425. Had the 15mb package installed recently. After initially having some problems setting up the modem using my laptop, the installer used his own laptop, and when I re-booted my laptop it connected straight away and worked like a dream. Switched off my laptop and went back to work happy with my new broadband.
    Came back that evening and the problems began - initially when I switched on my laptop, it didn't even find my wireless network. Connected with LAN cable and worked ok - after a bit of research, I changed the channel on the modem, and it fixed the initial problem.
    Unfortunately I have still not been able to connect to the network wirelessly - checked every setting I can think of but no success. I have tried a number of different laptops to try to narrow down the problem - basically 2 laptops running Vista connected without a problem. Another laptop with XP connected first time, but the speed was very slow - restarted the laptop and it would not connect again - same problem as with my laptop (also XP).
    I ran the diagnostic that comes up when you open IE - tells me the security settings do not match - I have checked, crossed checked, checked again and again but with no luck.
    Strange that Vista computers connect straight off and both XP computers connected first time but never again.........appreciate any idea's........:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement